Differences between British and American English

calikak

I've just thought: does this post count as discussing it or does someone need to propose a counter argument about Laura's views before this thread is deleted and I am banned:(

Ahh, We should be so lucky!

BANNED ON THE RUN! (P McCartney)

Karie,

who carefully removed the offending words so she won't get branded with them too! (This has happened to me before. Got in trouble for "so and so said, "***" ")

Oh No!:eek: Penny, you were right:( I'm going.....:( Goodb

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Malcolm...grab my hand...quick!!! We've a lifeboat to go to...HANG ON.......:eek:

Cheers, Penny....was I there in time?? Did I save him?? Help.....

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Malcolm...grab my hand...quick!!! We've a lifeboat to go to...HANG ON.......:eek:

Thanks Penny - I'm still here - well just about - well about as all here as I am normally:D (BTW - That lifeboat's only a very brief introduction. We're not spending more than a few minutes there, once we find out who's in our Q2 they're out and we're in:) )

I like your one-word answers best. Booze.

Wasn't that a different thread? Does it matter?

Wasn't that a different thread? Does it matter?

Doesn't matter.

We've done thread drift. Now we have moved on to thread convergence.

It is now mandatory that each thread must include:

Pol Acker

St**rage

J**ns

Formal or informal

Choice of hosts

Lifeboats

Style of ship

Use of language

Pets

Stuffed animals

Cat assassination

Poetry

etc.

I am sure that the list will be extended.

As you will notice, this is a similar post to Karie's on the Host thread so we are achieving the aim. Soon we will only need one thread for the board.

David

Soon we will only need one thread for the board.

David

Boy!

That sure will save me a lot of time.

I'm forever rushing to be the timeout when it marks all of the posts read whether you've read them or not!

And sometimes those time outs getting back to the list of threads is excruciating. With only one thread, all I would have to do is page forward.

Karie,

who thinks this is a simply marvelous idea!

. Soon we will only need one thread for the board.

David

No no...think about it folks...one thread....and it gets pulled!! Poooof...just like that we are all obliterated...the nuclear bomb effect!! How will we find ourselves again??:eek: This is all too frightening to contemplate.....worse than the floataway:eek:

On the other hand, I do have trouble remembering where to go and what to read...and don't ask me where to find the famous limericks!! Oh, right, they've become collectors items...;)

Cheers, Penny

No no...think about it folks...one thread....and it gets pulled!! Poooof...just like that we are all obliterated...the nuclear bomb effect!! How will we find ourselves again??:eek: This is all too frightening to contemplate.....worse than the floataway:eek:

Okay, two then, No more than three. that's it!

Karie,

whose mind sometimes wanders... I need one of those GPS chips to find it and bring it back!

Just because I've tried and failed to tie one you're determined to drag me through the mud:D

I'm sure that Matthew would have some input on this subject, but he has been awfully quiet lately.

David

Just because I've tried and failed to tie one you're determined to drag me through the mud:D

It's OK Malcolm...Steve has a bad hand making it very difficult to tie a proper bow tie...I, on the other hand, am thoroughly dyslexic when tieing a bow while looking at it....

I have applied for a special dispensation for having to travel with (gasp) pre-tied ties. (hangs head in shame:o ) If it doesn't come through I'll just have to ask the cabin steward to do it...didn't they used to do nice things like zip ladies dresses up, get gentlemen's formal wear in order etc??? Surely this should pose no difficulty :rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Archived