The Cursed Cruise

JrMafia90

Well we leave Sat. on the Glory as a group of 20. We all think this cruise is cursed. My nephew broke BOTH of his wrists when he fell of a swing just 2 days ago. My friend tripped and fell now her wrists are all black and blue and so are her knee caps. She is going to get x-rays as we speak. My other friend from Long Island threw out his back and he get even get out of bed. He has to stay straight. So he thinks he don't want to come. My daughter is going for her license test today and if she doesn't get it she will be so miserable on the cruise because when we come back from the cruise they will have school in 2 days and she wants to drive to school. And my wife's friend's ex-boyfriend is gonna be on the same cruise as us with his wife. He will even be on the same flights as us going to orlando and coming back. He is 2 seats in front of her. And since I own a resturant we were gonna keep it opened while we were away but one of the cooks is in the hosptial (i have no clue why heart problems is all I know) the dishwasher's wife had a baby so he is home. And 2 of the waitress got new jobs so they can only work 2 days of the week. This is not enough help. 3 cooks and 2 dishwashers and 2 waitress's. S now we have to close. Now tell me that this cruise isn't cursed. But we are gonna have a ball!

Get onboard as soon as possible. After all is done that needs to be done--head to the gym and get in that hot tub. Leave all your worries in that tub before you get out. Its gonna bne a fabulous week.

...And my wife's friend's ex-boyfriend is gonna be on the same cruise as us with his wife. He will even be on the same flights as us going to orlando and coming back. He is 2 seats in front of her...

Maybe they'll get bumped from the flight and miss cruise :p Better yet, you're not flying Southwest are you? Maybe they'll be filmed and we can all watch them being a$$'s on that Airline show. Think positive :D

Shame on me :( (I wouldn't wish missing a cruise on anyone.)

It's not the cruise that's cursed, it's just the week you've had. She'll pass the drivers test, if my daughter could, yours can. She ran off the road into dirt 3 times on the way home and told me later there were potholes she was avoiding! You're the one who will be upset when she passes!

Well no we are not flying Southwest we are flying US Airways. My daughter DID pass her drivers test. And my other friend who fell got her x-rays back nothing is broke not even sprained. And don't worry I will have a great time and I will write a post when I return. I will make sure somebody is recording every moment on film. From the time we wake up saturday morning until I walk in the house on Sept. 4, this should be real iteresting.

Hey, I'll be on the same cruise! It's weird though. Right now it's 11:05 PDT in Oregon and everyone I work with is asking me "Hey you excited? You getting ready? I bet you wanna get outta here soon" Actually I'm not exicted and am kinda apprehensive. I'm sure a few beers at the airport will loosen me up but I just can't explain it. My 6 year old son had a nightmare about our cruise. He said airplanes with red circles on the wings were shooting at our ship. No more History Channel for him! Anyway maybe it's the freak out factor of me signing up for cave tubing in Belize. I'll take the advise of getting on the ship quick and maybe staying away from you. :)

"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro!" -H.S.T.

Think LUCKY not cursed... Your friend was not injured more, your daughter passed the test (although that may be unlucky for you).. Good things are happening here.. You are going to have a ball.. I agree about the hot tub tho and maybe a massage!

Yes that is true. Well I'm not letting my daughter drive by herself until we come back from the cruise. My other friend is coming said we might not want to go. But I think everything will be ok (well at least for me). I can't wait. Just got room numbers today. The method worked.

And since I own a resturant we were gonna keep it opened while we were away but one of the cooks is in the hosptial (i have no clue why heart problems is all I know) the dishwasher's wife had a baby so he is home.

Where is your restaurant located? I live in Philly! I hope you and your family have a great time!

Iv'e got a story for you. I planned a cruise and a trip to Disney for my family for 2 years. I'm a single mom so it took a lot of planning and saving. I was taking my 2 daughters and my 2 ex-stepsons (they live with their mom but I have been in their life since they were babies and I have legal visitation). Anyway.....

We were to leave on Friday for 2 days in Orlando, 4 day cruise then 2 more days in Orlando. Monday before we left my youngest develops a fever. Took her to the doctor...pneumonia. Got meds, he said everything will be ok and she'll be able to go. Tuesday, her fever isn't down yet. Back to the doctor, change meds, he says everything will be ok. Wednesday night I'm working and my daughter calls and says that my ST. Bernard is sick and I need to come home. Go home to find my dog foaming at the mouth. Take her to the emergency vet and find she's eaten a bottle of Adderall-anphetamines(sp?). She has to spend the night and I'm able to pick her up on Friday...$800 bill, cuts severely into our vacation money. Thursday daughters temperature is still up, this time doctor sends her to the hospital for blood work. New meds, says everything is going to be fine and she can still go.

Friday afternoon my friend and her daughter who are going with us stop to pick up my boys and the boys mom says and tells me that my younger son (14) can't go because his grades are too bad. No amount of begging or pleading or crying will change her mind. We decide that we can't punish the other kids who have worked hard through the year so we have to go without him. :( My friend picks up my oldest son and comes to my town and we're on our way to Kansas City to catch our flight. We spent over an hour begging his mom so we're already late. I'm speeding to KC and get stopped and get a ticket.

We make it to the airport, make our flights and everything is ok. We spend our two days at Disney and have a good time. We are getting up on Monday morning to drive to Miami to get on the Fascination. We were up late but planned to be up at 7:00 and on the road no later than 7:30. As you can guess, we woke up at 7:30. We're rushing around and my youngest daughter takes off her shirt to get dressed and I see that she's covered head to toe in hives! I call the doctor but because it's only 6:30 in Iowa he's not in yet. The doctor on call doesn't want to give her a prescription not knowing the other meds she's already been on that week so he asks me to wait for a half hour to call the office when my regular doctor gets in. Ok...not the end of the world. We shower, dress and pack up the car.

Get ahold of the doctor at 8:00. He tells me to find a pharmacy and he'll call in a prescription. I find a pharmacy and he calls it in. We're on our way to get the prescription and head to Miami. Get to the pharmacy and they tell me it will be an hour wait! Ok..trying to not panic. We take the kids and go to a drive through for breakfast. Get back to the pharmacy, prescription in hand we're on our way to Miami. It's now 10:00. Not panicking yet.

We're on the road and I notice that something seems wrong. Apparently the state of Florida changed all of the exit numbers but Mapquest was unaware of this...we're lost. We stopped for directions and the people at the station decided it was time to play, "Let's mess with the tourists". They send us in the wrong direction. After a couple of more stops we're on our way but we were so far out of our way we had to travel a long time on a two lane highway and got stuck behind some trucks full of oranges going about 40 mph the whole way!

We finally get on the interstate and I know that we're really pushing it for time. I fly down to Miami the whole time trying to decide what we're going to do when we miss the ship. I didn't let the kids or my friend know that we were very close to missing the ship.

We made it to Miami and got on the ship at 3:15. From there the vacation turned better and went smoothly.....almost.

When we got home I found that my housesitter (an employee of mine) and her boyfriend had robbed me! Then a week later my grandfather died.

We did manage to have a great time but I missed my son terribly. I took him to Florida by himself the following summer.

Today when I was trying to pack the manager of my restuarant (the person who just watches and make sure everybody is doing what they are doing he is my nephew) calls me and tell me the chef came back he is not that bad and he found 2 more cooks becuase we don't want the sick one to work to hard. And we got 2 more dishwashers. So now we are going to open. So it is getting better.

Facation Fanatic Quote:

Originally Posted by steveaaaa

When I came off of a cruise several years back,I found out that my business burnt to the ground.

Steve

Nice going there ole Stevie boy. Give our dear fellow cruiser something else to go bananas over. Gesh???

LOL

Haha, thanks but I think the bad luck is gone. Since the workers is okay, my daughter passed and my friend doesn't have any broken bones. Also we got a ride. So everything is looking better. I just can't believe it is here in less than 24 hours!!!

Archived