Weighing options in Tampa airports?

sanditoes4

I am still watching flights as of now,but have seen the sites offer PIE instead of TPA. I know where PIE is on the map but is the minimal savings worth the added cost of transfer to port area hotel???

Does anyone know what it might cost to go from PIE to downtown area of Tampa?

Is there by chance public transportation available from PIE to downtown?

Could there be some miracle of a chance that there is a cheap shuttle system?

I am thinking that flying into TPA is going to be my "best" option but I like the times better coming into PIE, this is why I am even toying with the idea.

Thank you all so much, I can't wait for this cruise!!!

By PIE do you mean St. Petersburg airport. If you are going to Fly into there instead of Tampa, you are going to have a longer and more expensive taxi ride to the cruise terminal. Friends of ours flew into Tampa but stayed out by St. Pete before the cruise. They told us that they ended up spending $50 from the hotel in St. Pete to the cruise terminal. My wife and I only spent $22 to get from the Tampa airport to the Embassy Suites Downtown. The taxis have a flat rate of $22 to downtown tampa, which is about a 15 minute drive. The shuttles back to the airport were even cheaper than the taxi at $20. You would be best off flying into Tampa and staying somewhere closer to the cruise terminal than flying and staying in St. Pete.

Archived