Question for Budget Queen - Alaska Precruise tour

DisneyBlonde

Jimbo and I are planning our first Alaska cruise, and I'm sure we'll have MANY questions...here's our first (originally posted on RCCL site). Wondering what insight you can give us:

Alaska Pre Cruise Questions

TIA!

Diz

tink16_13487.gif?mtbrand=AOL_UScoloreds.gif

The Legendary Panamaniacs

Serenade, 8/28/05

Miracle, 2/13/05

Legend, 10/03/2004

Adventure, 5/02/2004

Nordic Empress, 4/26/2003

Triumph, 12/7/2002

Voyager, 12/1/2001

Grand Princess, 3/1/99

Your above tours are out of Vancouver NOT Alaska. I would always do Whistler myself, but if going out of Vancouver it is easy to see it on your own, I highly recommend adding a couple days to ferry over to Victoria- just a supurb touring area. IF You change your mind and decide to add on from Anchorage- then Denali Park is a must do. icon_smile.gif But I strongly encourage you to consider adding 7 days- any less has more time in transit. BUT the best way for me to go is independent- superior to any tour- you see and do what YOU want and not be tied to a fixed group schedule. Can be significantly cheaper too.

A lot of people - myself included like southbound sailings- but me for different reasons- the last sailing day back to Vancouver- just excellent scenery and marine wildlife opportunities. MY interior trips are NEVER exhausting- requiring early departures- long bus rides etc. With planning you can avoid all this going independent or going on longer cruisetours. The key is to have time at the destination and not all of it in transit. Choose carefully what is right for you.

Archived