Transderm I don't get Travel Sick

kruisey

This big monster advert for this product overwhelms my screen everytime I come to this forum page.

Its wasted on me.....when everyone else on a ship is wandering around with patches bracelets and pills.....I am eating a good breakfast with no effects...love to be tossed asleep.

Would like to tell this advert it is wasting its time bugging my computer.Now if it was a bargain cruise for singles that appeared that would be a different kettle of fish.

Have tried to stop this Transderm monster Help anybody .Come to a damsel in distress help rid me of this Nitemare!!!!!!!!!

It is rather large isn't it?????? Sure stuck out for me this morning.....

Unfortunately, I'm sure they are helping to pay the bills for cruise critic and may just be the start of many that we will see in the future........

A small price to pay for a great message board.......IMHO.

I resent having an ad that I can't click off and get rid of!!!!! Sure has a negative effect on me. I would not buy the stuff even if i needed it. grrrrr! At least let me delete the stupid thing!

I'm right there with you. I don't get sea-sick and thoroughly enjoy the rock'n and rolling of the ship -- the more, the merrier. Not only is this wasted on me but I resent the amount of "real estate" it takes up on the page. I don't object to advertising but it should be designed to fit in with the page layout.

HA, it says it wont slow you down, but also tells you not to do anything requiring alertness while taking it.:confused:
Yeah, but it worked, didn't it. You actually read the frazzlin' thing! :rolleyes: Donia

I must be missing out because I never seem to get popups from Cruise Critic (and this computer doens't have a popup blocker on it!) :( :) :)
It's not a popup. It's a big ad at the top of the page. If you're not getting it, you need to share your computer settings with the rest of us! Donia

I don't know if it cures sea sickness............but it sure can give you a headache....:confused: Having been in marketing for 30 years, I have come to the conclusion.......this is one marketing ploy.....that isn't going to fly with the majority of this group! LOL!

People like us lot there wouldn't be the crowds accessing this site.........so Mr Advert show some consideration for us....those that make this the most popular cruise web site....and Thank You in advance for the consideration you will give us.

I, too, was quite disappointed when I first saw that ad appear. I had heard good things on the threads about Transderm from people who have trouble with seasickness, but sure do not appreciate having to see that BIG ad everytime I open the CC site. It is along the lines of having to see that "sticky" stuff every time I read the posts for the past couple of months! I expect this is the beginning of the future for CC, but I sure do hope not. :mad: :(

Maybe they could have a separate section entitled "Helpful Products For Your Cruising Pleasure" which we would all probably check on from time to time. ;)

Bob

I agree the ad is annoying, but it is a good product. On my daughter's first cruise she stayed sick the whole week, it was horrible. For the second one (and it wasn't easy to talk her into trying it again) I took her to the doctor and got the patch and she had no problems. She gets them before every cruise now.

Terri

Archived