Where is Tim Donovan?

LAB24

Cruised on the 8/10 Crown Princess with Tim as our cruise director. He had been on the Crown for about 3 weeks. A new/old cruise director is back on the Crown. I was wondering where Tim has been placed. Has anyone seen him. He does a great job and is very energetic. Thanks for any info!

Wherever he is, I hope he's having a CRACKING good time! I cannot tell you how much that phrase started to irritate me after hearing it like 1000 times in the course of 10 days.

I didn't particularly care for his style. I hated his morning show-- not informational in the least. It was full of Pee Wee Herman sound effects. Very immature. Did not see Tim out and about the ship all that much--only at events he NEEDED to be at.

Other people may love the guy. To each his own.

Wherever he is, I hope he's having a CRACKING good time! I cannot tell you how much that phrase started to irritate me after hearing it like 1000 times in the course of 10 days.

I didn't particularly care for his style. I hated his morning show-- not informational in the least. It was full of Pee Wee Herman sound effects. Very immature. Did not see Tim out and about the ship all that much--only at events he NEEDED to be at.

Other people may love the guy. To each his own.

I am one of those people that did love him and his morning show! :)

I loved him and I'm glad he's still on Caribbean Princess- he would be one of the reasons I would enjoy sailing that ship again. He puts a lot of effort into trying to create a fun atmosphere. That's all you can ask. Sometimes his clientele can be hard to please.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe there is another CD named Tim Donovan. The Tim I know is a great CD. He hosted a party for cruise critic on the Crown on 7/23 cruise and both he and his assistant Brett Sibourne were personable and easily approciable.

The problem today is 70% of their work is behind the scenes and they cant be out and about as much in years past. Tim works very hard at his job and even does Bingo. His London Pub show is hilarious.

We enjoyed his humor last year on the STAR( including his morning show)...We like the variety of CD's on the ships we've sailed on... it would be boring to have the same personalities on every ship..never had a bad one!!!

So glad to learn that he's NOT on the Crown anymore. I sailed with him on the Grand 4 years ago and did not find him funny at all. In fact, he is quite obxious and full of himself.

I agree, just got off of the CB. He just isn't my cup of tea, no pun intended.

I don't know what cruising is like without Tim Donovan. He has been cruise director on all three of my cruises. Twice on the Star (although different itineraries) and then he showed up on the CB the week of our cruise this month. My wife has had him 4 straight times (on the Grand in 04).

I've always thought he did a good job, although I don't have anything to compare him to. I'm pretty sure I know all his jokes by now.

Archived