Has anyone taken a german AIDA cruise?

fairwind75

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there has been on a German-market Aida cruise? I have read a few reviews of the line and it seems to get high marks, and I must admit I'm attracted to their laid back "club ship" atmosphere. But I didn't know if there were any facilities for English-speaking guests at all on board. The website is only in German which leads me to think they might not expect any English speakers at all. However there are some posts on here from others who have enjoyed a Spanish-language Pullmantur cruise despite not speaking Spanish.

If anyone has any experience or thoughts on AIDA I'd love to hear them

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there has been on a German-market Aida cruise? I have read a few reviews of the line and it seems to get high marks, and I must admit I'm attracted to their laid back "club ship" atmosphere. But I didn't know if there were any facilities for English-speaking guests at all on board. The website is only in German which leads me to think they might not expect any English speakers at all. However there are some posts on here from others who have enjoyed a Spanish-language Pullmantur cruise despite not speaking Spanish.

If anyone has any experience or thoughts on AIDA I'd love to hear them

I´ve been four times on an AIDA cruise and will cruise on the new AIDAbella next July.

As a matter of fact on our last cruise only 10 of 1400 guests were American.

Although AIDA is a Carnival owned company they don´t compete for non german guests, but every crew member will speak English.

You can´t compare AIDA to any other cruise line.

They offer the best buffet on the seven seas, but you have to pay for any restaurant to be served by waiters. Great sports facilities, but no room service.

This is a nice review (in English language) by a dutch pax on AIDA:

http://www.shipparade.com/cruise%20reviews/AIDA%20Cruises/AIDAcara/AIDAcara.htm

Peter

Archived