Tortola this Fall

Frankie Sue

See and Sea Tour :

We will be travelling on Noordam this late Fall, stopping on Tortola. We are looking at the “See and Sea” tour offered by Holland America. We prefer to book with H.A because we will be in Tortola from approx. 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM and would not feel comfortable booking with an independent tour operator…….

Has anyone done this tour and was it worth it??

I look forward to your comments.

Frankie Sue

Yes, we took it and it was a lot of fun and also gave a great overall look at the island both from the sea and on land. The boat ride was beautiful and you get a lot of information on the waters of Tortola from the guide. You see the surrounding smaller islands and even got to enjoy some rum punch. The little bus ride through the island itself was fun and informative. I would do this tour again in a heartbeat. Thoroughly enjoyed it. We always like to get to 'know' each island on our first visit there (rather than just go to another beach which could be anywhere) and this tour was just what we wanted. :)

we booked it and because of the driver we had, had an awful time. So much so that we complained to the shore excursion desk. We got a full refund but it was a horrible tour. We have been before, but it put a bad taste in my inlaws mouth.

Anyways, I could see it being a wonderful tour with a good tour guide.

For instance, we stopped at the AIRPORT (Whhatt? :mad: ) and stopped at a shopping area that his friend ran. finally, we got to the end of the tour and he stopped for a smoking break (again at a "friends") bar.

Anyway, it will be a good tour with a good guide. Tortola is a beautiful place!

I took it last January. I enjoyed the boat ride very much, the land tour less so. We had the mandatory shop stop, but that was all right---I got a chance to have a drink at Pussers. The problem was that before the land tour was over it was pitch dark. And I mean dark! I was a little afraid on that twisty road.

Perhaps it won't be dark so early when you go?

If you want to consider an independent tour with an operator that one of us is familiar with, we had a very satisfactory experience with a guy named Tobin who has a full sized Ford van. This was Oct '06. He was very accommodating and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

You can contact him at tobintaxiservice@yahoo.com or his cell 1-284-499-2159

Archived