Carnival Customer Service is TOPNOTCH!

SharonCruise

Wow, I am amazed!

Here's the story.....

Saturday night we had a family emergency that I feared would cause us not to be able to cruise on the Miracle in November. Because Sunday was final payment day (although I was already paid in full), I overreacted and cancelled our cruise. Of course, by Sunday we realized it wasn't as bad as we first thought and we would still be able to go.....

SO, I contacted Carnival to see what might be done to uncancel and reactivate our booking. Was told that possibly I could contact the credit card department today and they might be able to stop it but other than that all I could do was re-book and wait for my refund of the original cruise in 7-10 days. I was disappointed because I couldn't afford to tie up almost $4,000 until it was resolved so I waited until this morning when I called again and reached a very nice and sympathetic PVP. She advised me that our credit was processed at 1:00 a.m. this morning but I could re-book to assure that I still got the same stateroom and only put down deposit for 1 person until the $$ for refund went into my checking account in a day or two. She gave me her personal number so I can call and make final payment when this happens.

I got my original aft cabin back and am so thankful P**** took the time to actually help me instead of saying nothing could be done other than me giving them almost $2,000.00 again.

And the BEST PART is that she informed me that there had been a reduction in price and we re-booked for $240.00 less than before!

Just wanted to give them a high 5 here on Cruise Critic since people are really quick to slam Carnival when they aren't happy and not always report the "good stuff"!

Life is once again good in my household and I learned a valuable lesson to not cancel so quickly in the future! It's not always as bad as it seems....:)

Happy Cruising,

Sharon

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I also thank you for pointing out the good service that you received from Carnival. Too many times, we only hear the negative and it is good to hear about a positive customer service experience. As a former customer service rep, I know there are reps do go above and beyond and they would be pleased to know that it was appreciated and acknowledged.

Wow, I am amazed!

Here's the story.....

Saturday night we had a family emergency that I feared would cause us not to be able to cruise on the Miracle in November. Because Sunday was final payment day (although I was already paid in full), I overreacted and cancelled our cruise. Of course, by Sunday we realized it wasn't as bad as we first thought and we would still be able to go.....

SO, I contacted Carnival to see what might be done to uncancel and reactivate our booking. Was told that possibly I could contact the credit card department today and they might be able to stop it but other than that all I could do was re-book and wait for my refund of the original cruise in 7-10 days. I was disappointed because I couldn't afford to tie up almost $4,000 until it was resolved so I waited until this morning when I called again and reached a very nice and sympathetic PVP. She advised me that our credit was processed at 1:00 a.m. this morning but I could re-book to assure that I still got the same stateroom and only put down deposit for 1 person until the $$ for refund went into my checking account in a day or two. She gave me her personal number so I can call and make final payment when this happens.

I got my original aft cabin back and am so thankful P**** took the time to actually help me instead of saying nothing could be done other than me giving them almost $2,000.00 again.

And the BEST PART is that she informed me that there had been a reduction in price and we re-booked for $240.00 less than before!

Just wanted to give them a high 5 here on Cruise Critic since people are really quick to slam Carnival when they aren't happy and not always report the "good stuff"!

Life is once again good in my household and I learned a valuable lesson to not cancel so quickly in the future! It's not always as bad as it seems....:)

Happy Cruising,

Sharon

Could I suggest that you attempt to find out who this PVP'S direct supervisor is and either write a letter or send an email letting them know the type of service you received. I manage a department of 15 - it is always so refreshing to hear when one of my staff does something well and appreciated - people do not hesitate to complain LOUD AND CLEAR - if we used the same approach for positive behavior - imagine what could happen

Quote Rachel A Genuine Georgia Peach End Quote

Rachel,

Noticed you are also from N. Georgia. Can I ask where?

I'm Catoosa County extreme North......End of street is Chattanooga/East Ridge.

Sharon

I live in Adairsville, Bartow County. We aren't too far. My husband is a state police officer and his office is in Catoosa County.

Thanks so much for the good news.

Customer service, in general... not just Carnival, tends to not be near as good as we would hope.

It's great to hear that someone out there is doing the job they were hired to do. I suspect that the majority of PVPs would do exactly what your's did, or at least that would be my hope.

Glad everything worked out for you and a hearty 'WELL DONE' for your PVP.

Now, go have a great time!

:D

Could I suggest that you attempt to find out who this PVP'S direct supervisor is and either write a letter or send an email letting them know the type of service you received. I manage a department of 15 - it is always so refreshing to hear when one of my staff does something well and appreciated - people do not hesitate to complain LOUD AND CLEAR - if we used the same approach for positive behavior - imagine what could happen

Great idea! I will ask P**** (not sure if I can mention her name), for her supervisor's name when I call back in with final payment and send a letter with my comments.:)

Sharon

I live in Adairsville, Bartow County. We aren't too far. My husband is a state police officer and his office is in Catoosa County.

Ahhh, know your area well. Our sons, when in high school, played football and wrestled and we were there many times. Is your husband GSP or GBI? Whichever, thank him for keeping us safe.

Sharon

Great idea! I will ask P**** (not sure if I can mention her name), for her supervisor's name when I call back in with final payment and send a letter with my comments.:)

Sharon

Sharon: PVP's work so hard (some better than others) but it is always appreciated when someone comments on their great customer service rather than what they usually hear - the bad stories.

Thanks for posting something positive, I'm glad your family emergency worked out for the best and you even saved some money :)

Sometimes CCL really comes through. My sister missed a cruise due to late flight & CCL said if they could get to a certain port they could get them on a different ship so they could have at least 5 days of cruising. She had no insurance & I think it was nice of CCl to do this.

Quote Rachel A Genuine Georgia Peach End Quote

Rachel,

Noticed you are also from N. Georgia. Can I ask where?

I'm Catoosa County extreme North......End of street is Chattanooga/East Ridge.

Sharon

I'm not Rachel,

but I see that I'm your neighbor :D

Glad you got your cabin back and your crisis turned out well.

Archived