Remember Me???

seesick

I thought this was the place to vent and alert people to problems they should watch out for in specific cruise lines...

Thank you to those who have been constructive. I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a forum for criticism.

Keep up the good work Nita. I find your posts informative and generally well balanced.

P.

PS: Besides, since I understand you like springer spaniels you can't be a bad person.

oh, I do, for years our email address was my3springers, now it is just one. If I was rich I would have him cloned, but i will just have to live with knowing he is only 7 and should be with us for lots of years to come. When I think about how close he came to being put down just because he was a typical puppy I cringe. I have told him several times what his first mommy missed by not keeping him. He understands and yet still doesn't answer me, except for the look in his eyes. Tonight I told him daddy had just drvien in, to greet daddy he grabbed a pair of socks and dropped them at the laundry room door.

LOL

I think you need to read again the Ops statement, he was referring to the Pride of hawaii, not the Star. I mentioned the shipcoordinator for the Star is wonderful. She is and I think it is important to give credit where it is due, plus it is good to know some are better than others. .Could you explain what is wrong with my making such a comment and why are you suddenly on my case? Personal attacks do nothing but get threads, that otherwise can be informative and often enjoyable, pulled.

Nita

Nita, please forgive me for this very late apology and yes the OP was talking about the Pride of Hawaii.

Nita it is nothing personal but lately you appear to be over the top when you do not agree with other posters. Just because you are a travel agent and have got 11,000 posts you are open to scrutiny like the rest of us. There are a few who would dominate and try to bully others on these boards, please do not fall into that trend as you have great information to share with us. In the past I have contacted you through e-mail and you have kindly given me valuable information.

I have always found NMNita to be VERY patient and not at all over-the-top.

She just likes to point out that certain experiences that are not positive happen on all cruiselines (hopefully not too frequently).

Interesting comment on 'bullying'. I have noticed that "bullying" on these boards is pretty much in the eye of the beholder - if someone diagrees with one, they are 'attacking' or 'bullying' one but if one disagrees with them, one is being "honest" or "stating the facts". My take - you are posting on a public board. People have a perfect right to express opinions or detail experiences that disagree with yours as long as they can do it without personal slurs and name-calling. NMNita does neither - so I don't see how she is involved in "bullying". The last time I checked there was no requirement to give "unconditional" support to other posters.

As for OP, I understand their annoyance and disappointment - I would feel the same way..

Some good suggestions have been made about dealing with this problem and possibile strategies for preventing it have been given.

I thought this was the place to vent and alert people to problems they should watch out for in specific cruise lines...

Thank you to those who have been constructive. I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a forum for criticism.

To a degree - a reasonable expectation BUT always remember it is also a place where people CAN and WILL disagree with you. That is the way it is on public forums.

You did nothing wrong by posting. You alerted people to a potential problem.

Others responded with some pretty good suggestions for trying to avoid the problem AND (as is to be expected) others responded that their experiences were more positive.

Don't take it to heart - generally people only go really ballistic here when someone uses ridiculous, extravagent language ("horror", "cruise from hell") to describe relatively minor problems.

I found your "vent" quite reasonable (and I can be easily put-off by ridiculous rants).

I know for a fact the coordinator read my email on Saturday as I have the read receipt function activated for the emails I send out. Just dissapointed, I guess.

The read receipt function can be a little deceiving. It can't actually tell you if someone sat there and read your email. All it can tell you is if the email was opened. And in some programs, if the preview pane is turned on and an email comes up there, it can trigger read receipt notification.

I understand how frustrated you must be, but if it is any consolation to you, Celebrity did the same thing to us on a gift package we had ordered. So, it's not just NCL!

believe me it does happen. I have gotten it the habit of calling the cruise line the week before my clients board the ship to make certain the gift ordered is in their file and I still worry. the two companies I have had the most problems with are Celebrity and Princess although Princess hasn't messed up for a few years.

Nita

Archived