Past guest discount???

dprg644

We just got back from a 9-2 Conquest sailing and want to start to plan for our next cruise. (yep we have the fever) My question is I called Carnival gave them my past guest number and the price they gave me is the same as what I found on line. What if any discount is there for past guest?

We just got back from a 9-2 Conquest sailing and want to start to plan for our next cruise. (yep we have the fever) My question is I called Carnival gave them my past guest number and the price they gave me is the same as what I found on line. What if any discount is there for past guest?

Usually there is a code for past guest discounts and it doesnt apply to all sailings. Im sure someone will have the code. I think its DP1

Look for Past Guest specials on the Carnival site. I assume you signed up for Carnival emails, which will also include some specials. You will receive a magazine named Currents that will have a card stuck in it with a code that gives you discounts. Right now, the code is DP1, but it will change after Dec. 31. Also, it seems that they never discount some popular dates like holidays. And one more thing. If your PVP does not offer you a good price, you can always call the Carnival number and get another one.

By the way, I know EXACTLY how you feel! We took our first cruise on the Conquest exactly a year ago. As soon as I could get to my computer, I was booking our second cruise. Yep, you are hooked!

I have yet to use a past guest "discount" because Id have to pay more for the cabin to get the free upgrade. Discount seems to be a wrong term, since the only discounts usually go to the military folks.

An upgrade is not a discount.

Firefly, I have to disagree. For instance, I just booked a cruise yesterday with the "free upgrade". I got a 6C for the price of a 6A. I did not want a 6A, I wanted a 6C. Therefore, I got a pretty nice discount on the cabin I wanted. There is a past guest discount right now, but it is only for guarantee cabins. I am not willing to accept just any cabin. I want to choose mine. Therefore, when I can choose the cabin I want at the price of 2 grades cheaper, I am getting an discount. Does that make sense?

Look for Past Guest specials on the Carnival site. I assume you signed up for Carnival emails, which will also include some specials. You will receive a magazine named Currents that will have a card stuck in it with a code that gives you discounts. Right now, the code is DP1, but it will change after Dec. 31. Also, it seems that they never discount some popular dates like holidays. And one more thing. If your PVP does not offer you a good price, you can always call the Carnival number and get another one.

By the way, I know EXACTLY how you feel! We took our first cruise on the Conquest exactly a year ago. As soon as I could get to my computer, I was booking our second cruise. Yep, you are hooked!

Yep I have signed up. I just did not understand just how this worked, thanks.

I abosutley love when I get my Currents in the mail. The last cruise we sailed was July 2003 and we are still getting magazines. We did book one in the middle somewhere and paid a deposit but we had to cancel so maybe they just re-did the subscription for Currents knowing we'd take another cruise.

I love the magazine it makes me want to hurry and get on a cruise:p

we just booked the pride,and I got a good deal , past guest discount,

i got an oceanview 6a for almost the same price as an inside,,

and its not a guarantee , i actually have a room number.

it was like 529 per person .. Im so happy ,

I hope everyone else can find some deals out there too,

I would check all websites.. on CARnival.com

they didnt have the discount listed, i called them,,,

but there were discounts on other travel sites..

So i would call to make sure before you book it online .

Firefly, I have to disagree. For instance, I just booked a cruise yesterday with the "free upgrade". I got a 6C for the price of a 6A. I did not want a 6A, I wanted a 6C. Therefore, I got a pretty nice discount on the cabin I wanted. There is a past guest discount right now, but it is only for guarantee cabins. I am not willing to accept just any cabin. I want to choose mine. Therefore, when I can choose the cabin I want at the price of 2 grades cheaper, I am getting an discount. Does that make sense?

My point was you had to pay for a 6A, not a OV guarantee, which would have been cheaper. Since I booked 1As and guarantees, I would have to pay extra to get the so called FREE upgrades, which in my case wouldnt be free.

You can disagree all you want...but in my case its true. Only if you usually book a specific cabin or not 1As does it help. You proved my point??!! As I said I would have to pay more...me, I, I didnt say everyone. I only included myself in the statement. How can you disagree with something someone says applies to them...how can you know what I book?

Its still my opinion that these fake sales are to get folks to spend more money, to buy a specific category like a 4A or 6A etc, instead of a guarantee, that costs more than than they might otherwise spend....its a way to increase the money I would otherwise pay....so they dont help me.

Well, I have to agree with firefly...for the simple reason is that a guarantee is 8 times out of 10 cheaper than the upgrade. If you don't care what category you are in, then you do save money. And she did say this pertained to her, not anyone else...not sure why the nasty remarks!!!!

My point was you had to pay for a 6A, not a OV guarantee, which would have been cheaper.

I understand what you are saying, and that may be true sometimes, but apparently not always.

For a sailing I am looking at on the Victory, an Oceanview Guarantee (without the past guest code) would be $549, and a 6A would be $649.

When I enter in the DP1 code, the 6A is listed as $549 and upgraded to 6C. So the advantage would be, for those that care, you would be no less than a 6C for the same price as an OV Guarantee without the code.

Basically, it looks like for all categories, the "A" price (with an upgrade to B or C) is the same price as the guarantee, not $100 more expensive like it typically is.

Archived