Zuiderdam refit.

Travelbug 2

I read recently that the Zuiderdam is going in for a major refit early next year. How "major" is this? does anyone know? 21 days is a long time in dry dock. Spoke to some friends just off the Zui' and their comment was "she is very tired and is ready for refurbishment" :eek: food and service were apparently very good and up to HAL standard.:)

We are booked on the Zui' for a Med' cruise in Sept' 08, hope the refit is a good one, I sure would not like to be dissapointed after LONG flights and lots of $$ spent.

I read recently that the Zuiderdam is going in for a major refit early next year. How "major" is this? does anyone know? 21 days is a long time in dry dock. Spoke to some friends just off the Zui' and their comment was "she is very tired and is ready for refurbishment" :eek: food and service were apparently very good and up to HAL standard.:)

We are booked on the Zui' for a Med' cruise in Sept' 08, hope the refit is a good one, I sure would not like to be dissapointed after LONG flights and lots of $$ spent.

Major major! Read up on the Westerdam refit. About 30 cabins are being added at the aft (radically changing the aft-facing verandahs), the Internet Center and Library are replaced by shops and the combined I-center/Library, now called the Explorations Cafe, is moved to the Crow's Nest. The Oak Room disappears. The whole ship gets a major spiffing up. Those are the highlights.

Major major! Read up on the Westerdam refit. About 30 cabins are being added at the aft (radically changing the aft-facing verandahs), the Internet Center and Library are replaced by shops and the combined I-center/Library, now called the Explorations Cafe, is moved to the Crow's Nest. The Oak Room disappears. The whole ship gets a major spiffing up. Those are the highlights.

Correct except:

Library stays where it is - in the middle of the shopping area on Promenade Deck.

Archived