Are the soda cards good idea?

delmonte man

If at alll possible, no. UNLESS everyone drinks soda and that's all they drink.

When we cruise, my husband is the only one to get a soda card. He constantly is carrying around a cup of soda, so for him it's worth it.

You didn't mention which cruiseline you are on, but on Carnival and RCCL, they offer free beverages at the pool decks (buffets) and free beverages in the dining room...the free beverages are usually iced tea, coffee, fruit punch, white and chocolate milk...Apple Juice...then in the morning OJ.

So if your kids drink more milk/juices...then you wouldn't need the soda card.

And for me, I only drink iced tea.

I agree, my family does not get soda cards. They are expensive and unless you drink more than 5 cans of soda each day and can not do without it on a cruise, you might want to consider gettting one. But for children there is plenty to drink on board that's a lot healthier than soda.

If you do choose to get the cards, make sure that you buy them after the ship has set sail. You won't get charged tax!

Thanks. We don't drink that much soda. I didn't know there were drinks like iced tea available.

Thanks again pappy will be ready when my family goes on Enchantment of the Seas 11/19/07. I think I'm more excited than my family. I'm taking my Son and Daughter in Law, my Daughter and my 4 year old Grand daughter and my wife of 33 years. We have 3 cabins 1 ocean view for us and 2 ajoining inside cabins for the family.

Thanks again for your help

Thanks. We don't drink that much soda. I didn't know there were drinks like iced tea available.

Thanks again pappy will be ready when my family goes on Enchantment of the Seas 11/19/07. I think I'm more excited than my family. I'm taking my Son and Daughter in Law, my Daughter and my 4 year old Grand daughter and my wife of 33 years. We have 3 cabins 1 ocean view for us and 2 ajoining inside cabins for the family.

Thanks again for your help

Have a great time! I was just looking at pictures of Enchantment today and it looks like a beautiful ship. :)

You know, I will be soon traveling with my kids on the first cruise and I thought about getting the soda cards (kids will be 14,12 and 11). But at home, we really don't drink alot of soda. Its mostly juices, water and occasionally iced tea in my fridge. So I don't think the soda card will be on my list of things to get. I think for my kids, it will be a waste. If all else fails and we HAVE to have a soda, I will purchase one. But I think the juice and tea on the Lido deck will work out just fine.

When I took my son on a 4 night - we did not get the soda card. I did let him have a soda with dinner each night, but that was cheaper than buying the card, and he was ok with getting fruit punch during the day, even though he didn't love it. For our upcoming 7 night though - I will probably go ahead and get the card so he can have soda whenever he wants without me watching the budget. I like the fruit punch though, so that's good enough for me.

Archived