Pullman Beds

Yes there are rails from what I've seen. But how old are your boys? I don't allow my 3 and 7 year old to sleep in them. We get cabins with sofa beds because of it. The one time we did have one, I slept in it and gave my girls the lower beds. ;)

But if your boys are older, then they should be fine.

I have slept on them before. They are fine. I actually have slept on them for most of my cruises, but this year I get a bed!!

They are perfectly safe, comfortable, you really can't roll off unless you move around a lot when you sleep. Last year my cousin slept on one, and we were worried because she moves so so much when she sleeps, but she was fine, actually, she slept longer then any of us.

Bottom line, they are safe, comfortable, you can't fall unless you try.

Just got back last Week from The Majesty of the Seas, My daughter had a pullman that she slept in she was fine up there. Half of it has a rail near the head of the bed. You can't sit up in it very well and don't stand up too with being carefull on the bottom bed. They fold them up during the day. In the evening they fold them down and put chocolates up there too. We fould most of our towel animals up there at night

my five yr old slept there just fine and it open over our full bed so if she fell out it would have been on top of our bed. She slept like a log. I slept on one on a females only cruise and it was fine too. 4 adult women in one cabin was Ok too.

You will make out ok.

Not to hijack the thread, but here's what I need a picture of. An inside cabin (on Monarch or similar) with a port-a--crib set up:o Is it even possible??? Not to mention that we willl also have the pullmans. I don't know what else to do, I would love to have a higher category suite, but financially that is just not an option. We will have a 7 month old, and a 3 year old along with my husband and I (The 5 year old will be in the room next door with his aunts, I could put the 3 year old in there too if necessary). I know we're crazy, but it's only 4 nights and it was this or no cruise, and darn it I want to cruise!!!

They are completely safe, our Daughter has been sleeping on one since she was 8, she is now 12. She loves it and looks forward to it every time! Yes, There is a rail. It's totally safe and she gets her own chocolates every night up there too! Don't worry, and have fun!!

Happy Cruising! :D

FYI - My friend's son moves around a lot so what they do is take the mattress off the pullman bed and put it on the floor. That way the kid sleeps and the parents aren't worried about having 65 pounds of dead weight fall on them in the middle of the night.

Nadine:)

They do have the rail but if your child moves a lot, they can go over it. On her 1st cruise, my 8 yr old daughter rolled over the rail in the middle of the night. Luckily for her, our bed was below her. Unluckily for my husband, he was the one she landed on and scared half to death,

We just returned from Enchantement w/a 13 & 16 yr old. We were in an OV cabin on Deck 3 w/2 pullman beds. My kids made out fine in them. They found them to be very comfortable. My husband & I left our beds separated so we would have a little bit more room. We didn't even mind the size of the cabin. We made out fine. I did use every available drawer & cubby hole to store our stuff, but w/the suitcases under the bed, we were fine.100_3512.JPG

Archived