Flower Cart on Grandeur

RSVE821

Wondering if any recent Baltimore Grandeur cruisers noticed if there was a flower cart onboard. If so, what type of arrangements did they have? Would rather not order sight unseen from Gift and Gear. Also, has anyone brought their own flowers onboard when departing from Baltimore?

Many thx!

Rob

Wondering if any recent Baltimore Grandeur cruisers noticed if there was a flower cart onboard. If so, what type of arrangements did they have? Would rather not order sight unseen from Gift and Gear. Also, has anyone brought their own flowers onboard when departing from Baltimore?

Many thx!

Rob

As a person who used to run a floral shoppe - let me tell you HOW to choose flowers. Flowers are such a decadent luxury that I absolutely hate it when people spend their hard earned money on flowers that are ready to die in a day or two. Unless you know how to pick them, this will probably happen to you....

For other types of flowers, except roses, check out the center of the flower. If there is "green" and/or the flower is tight (think the center of a daisy) and there is no obvious pollen in the center, then the flower is fairly fresh and fairly new.

The stages of these types of flowers, from young to old, are "green/tight center, loosening of the center, pollen in the center".

Always try to choose flowers whose centers are green and tight. Try to void centers where actual pollen is present.

When it comes to roses, take your thumb and forefinger and gently squeeze the base of the rose. The less bulbous movement you feel, the tighter the base, the younger the rose/the longer the rose should last.

Be careful - just because the rose has not started to open/bloom does not mean it is young. Always squeeze the base of the rose to determine how young the flower is.

Obviously you have no control over flowers that are delivered BUT if you realize that a boquet you had delivered, and paid good money for, is full of old flowers, you can choose not to use that florist any more.

Good luck!

Been a year since I was onboard, so can't speak to what's on the flower cart, I did buy my wife the English Garden Basket and it was quite nice. I'll be back onboard 10/5, and will take a look and let you know after that, if that would help.

As a person who used to run a floral shoppe - let me tell you HOW to choose flowers. Flowers are such a decadent luxury that I absolutely hate it when people spend their hard earned money on flowers that are ready to die in a day or two. Unless you know how to pick them, this will probably happen to you....

For other types of flowers, except roses, check out the center of the flower. If there is "green" and/or the flower is tight (think the center of a daisy) and there is no obvious pollen in the center, then the flower is fairly fresh and fairly new.

The stages of these types of flowers, from young to old, are "green/tight center, loosening of the center, pollen in the center".

Always try to choose flowers whose centers are green and tight. Try to void centers where actual pollen is present.

When it comes to roses, take your thumb and forefinger and gently squeeze the base of the rose. The less bulbous movement you feel, the tighter the base, the younger the rose/the longer the rose should last.

Be careful - just because the rose has not started to open/bloom does not mean it is young. Always squeeze the base of the rose to determine how young the flower is.

Obviously you have no control over flowers that are delivered BUT if you realize that a boquet you had delivered, and paid good money for, is full of old flowers, you can choose not to use that florist any more.

Good luck!

Valuable tips indeed! Thanks!

Been a year since I was onboard, so can't speak to what's on the flower cart, I did buy my wife the English Garden Basket and it was quite nice. I'll be back onboard 10/5, and will take a look and let you know after that, if that would help.

That would be very helpful, Wraithe. Thanks!

Archived