Nice beach near the ferry

Snowball

I am thinking about taking the ferry from Cozumel over to Playa Del Carmen next month. I am looking for a nice beach with soft sand and as little rocks as possible. Where is the closest beach to the ferry that fits that description and how far is it from the ferry?

• 2 months later...

Once you get off the ferry at playa del carmen walk on the beach on the right hand side. It's nice and there are no rocks. If you keep walking you'll find the perfect spot for you.

You can also look for blue parrot, they have a nice beach club which seems to be very popular.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just spent a week in Playa Del Carmen. We preferred the new beach club at the lighthouse tower, which you can easily see from the ferry dock. Much smaller than Mamitas and much better service. Lounge chairs were much more comfortable also. More of a beach "lounge" than a crazy beach club. Orange cushions, starts with a "Z". Hope that helps.

Just spent a week in Playa Del Carmen. We preferred the new beach club at the lighthouse tower, which you can easily see from the ferry dock. Much smaller than Mamitas and much better service. Lounge chairs were much more comfortable also. More of a beach "lounge" than a crazy beach club. Orange cushions, starts with a "Z". Hope that helps.

Is this spot north or south of ferry dock? (People say right or left but I don't know if that is right when facing the water or facing the town...)

Is this spot north or south of ferry dock? (People say right or left but I don't know if that is right when facing the water or facing the town...)

The Lighthouse is north of the Ferry pier. As you are coming in on the ferry look to the right of the pier about 3-400 yards. It's easy to spot.

• 1 month later...

Archived