How busy will our cruise be?

marthas harbour

Your cruise will be as busy as you want it to be. There will be a lot of activities on the boat and ports to tour. You can do many of them so you are running from dawn till past midnight, or you can pick and choose and have quiet time periodicly.

i mean capacity wise, thinking about it they may mean via roll call:cool:

You can also go on the Princess web site and actually go through the beginning of the online booking process. If all the categories come up waitlisted, chances are the only space left on the SHIP :D is the group space held by some TA's.

The good news is that even if you're on a grand glass ship and its full, you never really feel crowded :)

And by the way CaptainRon, a boat is defined as follows:

boat premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif

–noun

1.a vessel for transport by water, constructed to provide buoyancy by excluding water and shaped to give stability and permit propulsion.

2.a small ship, generally for specialized use: a fishing boat.

3.a small vessel carried for use by a large one, as a lifeboat: They lowered the boats for evacuation.

4.a ship.

5.a vessel of any size built for navigation on a river or other inland body of water.

6.a serving dish resembling a boat: a gravy boat; a celery boat.

7.Ecclesiastical. a container for holding incense before it is placed in the censer.

–verb (used without object)

8.to go in a boat: We boated down the Thames.

–verb (used with object)

Nothing about a boat being strictly for underwater use.

The good news is that even if you're on a grand glass ship and its full, you never really feel crowded :)

This is so true. Our recent Golden Princess sailing was a sell-out, but we had no problems with crowds. The only time when we felt like being in a congested place was in the grand atrium during the champaign waterfall and dance (and that was fun!).

Pleeeeeez,

Don't call a cruise ship a boat.

Ships travel on the water, boats travel underneath the water (submarines)...and I'm not even Navy!!!!!

Ciao for now!!!

I agree that a ship should not be called a boat but yours is an odd definition. This may be true in Canada but it certainly isn't true in the US. It has more to do with size than whether the vessel travels above or below the water. After all, I wouldn't call a row boat at ship.

From Websters Dictionary

Boat: a small vessel for travel on water

Ship: a : a large seagoing vessel b : a sailing vessel having a bowsprit and usually three masts each composed of a lower mast, a topmast, and a topgallant mast

your cruise is as busy as you want it to be. But some people like lots of ports of calls, and then some may say that is busy.

If there are not many ports of calls they may find it boring.

Personally I like no more than 3 ports in a seven day, but I love those sea days and I love to relax and enjoy the ship.

I too hate when people call cruise ships boats, I am always correcting them.

vickie

[/indent]I agree that a ship should not be called a boat but yours is an odd definition. This may be true in Canada but it certainly isn't true in the US. It has more to do with size than whether the vessel travels above or below the water. After all, I wouldn't call a row boat at ship.

From Websters Dictionary

Boat: a small vessel for travel on water

Ship: a : a large seagoing vessel b : a sailing vessel having a bowsprit and usually three masts each composed of a lower mast, a topmast, and a topgallant mast

As CD Richard Joseph says, "You can put a boat on a ship but you can't put a ship on a boat." :)

As for how "busy" your cruise will be, that depends on your itinerary, the number of ports and the number of people onboard the ship. You can expect about 3,000 passengers on the Emerald Princess which means that there will be lots of people onboard.

As CD Richard Joseph says, "You can put a boat on a ship but you can't put a ship on a boat." :)

As for how "busy" your cruise will be, that depends on your itinerary, the number of ports and the number of people onboard the ship. You can expect about 3,000 passengers on the Emerald Princess which means that there will be lots of people onboard.

Lots of people, but lots of space! :)

Some roll calls start off slowly and then get busy a couple of months before the cruise.

Also, remember that the percentage of passengers who will be onboard with you and are members of cruise critic will be very low. Many do not go on the different cruising bulletin boards and many more have not even heard of CC. The only reason I had initially joined in November 2004 was that we had just booked a cruise (my ninth) that I had many questions about, and I had stumbled onto this site.

Lots of people, but lots of space! :)
Depends on the itinerary. :) On our Golden cruise last February from Buenos Aires to Santiago, it was too cold to even sit in the covered pool area much less anywhere outdoors so there were masses of people in every inside public area, including staying at tables in the buffet all day playing cards. I was thankful that I had a mini-suite to retreat to.

Pleeeeeez,

Don't call a cruise ship a boat. Ships travel on the water, boats travel underneath the water (submarines)...and I'm not even Navy!!!!!

Ciao for now!!!

When I took a U.S. Coastguard Class in Sailboating, I learned that anything under 56 Feet is a Boat.

In the U.S. Navy, a Boat is a Sub. :D

Petty Officer First Class, USNR-R ;)

Aviation Maintenance Administrator

When I took a U.S. Coastguard Class in Sailboating, I learned that anything under 56 Feet is a Boat.

In the U.S. Navy, a Boat is a Sub. :D

Petty Officer First Class, USNR-R ;)

Aviation Maintenance Administrator

I grew up in the Navy and have lived around Navy bases all my life. I have heard all classes of ships refered to as a "boat" or "ship". Including Carriers and Subs. The term is interchangeable depending on context.

I grew up in the Navy and have lived around Navy bases all my life. I have heard all classes of ships refered to as a "boat" or "ship". Including Carriers and Subs. The term is interchangeable depending on context.

And your Rank (Rate) is . . .

Sailors are insulted when their ship is not addressed properly. When speaking with a military person and boat is used, it is assumed one is speaking of a sub, not a ship.

Some people do not know proper speech.

Archived