pride...going very soon

aloevera14

like so many, this is our first cruise. i wanted a flight/trip to australia, my husband wanted to try a cruise. so we are set for sept 23rd. previously i was over concerned about hurricanes changing our ports, but all seems well now. i would like to hear from others who have been on Pride. when does the captains cocktail party begin? will it be the evening we board? will we have time to change? has anyone been on the PV tequila tour? will we get regular TV in our stateroom? :)

thanks..this is a great web-site

We were on the Pride this time last year....the Captain's Cocktail party is on Monday. For early sitting diners it's at 4:45. For late seating it's 6:45. It was fun. And we even went on the stage and danced. You'll love the Pride. She's a beautiful ship. I have done a website on the Pride if you want to check it out. The link is in my signature. There are reviews and pics of both the ship and the ports. Bon Voyage!

If I could give any advise here, it would be to watch your intake. It is very easy to drink alot. They will keep on giving you those little samples. They will add up. You will then find yourself with alot of tequila to pack. Have I done this, you ask?? Maybe.......:rolleyes: Anyway, the Pride is a wonderful ship and am glad it will remain on the west coast (San Diego) starting in 2009 for the 8 day cruises. Regarding television, you will get a few channels dedicated to the ship. Talks, selling stuff, advertising the ports, and video of people on your cruise (maybe even you). A few channels including a movie channel that plays different movies each day. I try not to watch too much television while on a cruise. There's plenty to do on the ship. If you have any other questions, just ask. Have a great time on the Pride. I'll be taking off that day myself to Alaska. Watch the flavored tequilas, they can get you sick pretty quick.

David

Upcoming Cruises:

Holland America Noordam: Alaska-09/23/2007

Carninal Elation: Baja Mexico-12/10/2007

NCL Sun: Alaska-05/11/2008

Past Cruises:

NCL Star: Mexico-Apr/2007

Carnival Liberty: Western Carribean-Jan/2007

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Dec/2006

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Oct/2006

Carnival Spirit: Mexico-Feb/2006

NCL Star: Alaska-Sept/2005

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Apr/2005

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Sept/2004

Carnival Elation: Mexico-June/2003

We were on the Pride this time last year....the Captain's Cocktail party is on Monday. For early sitting diners it's at 4:45. For late seating it's 6:45. It was fun. And we even went on the stage and danced. You'll love the Pride. She's a beautiful ship. I have done a website on the Pride if you want to check it out. The link is in my signature. There are reviews and pics of both the ship and the ports. Bon Voyage!

Thanks for the link to your Pride website; it brought back great memories. I found those little shelves in the bathroom to be so handy; what a great touch. And no one does towel animals like Carnival!

Our Pride cruise was with a group from my DD's dance studio. It was neat to see the pics of the Taj Mahal and remember them performing on that very stage.

Archived