Insurance - multi-trip annual insurance

Since I hope to take 2 cruises within the next year, I am looking for information about travel insurance plans that cover multiple trips in the same year. I have seen a few references on the board to this type of policy, but not many. Anyone have any experience with these? Who offers these policies?

Thanks.

Thanks.

We have it in Australia but sorry can't help you in the states. Your travel insurance seems to be a lot more expensive than ours. Which is crazy seeing that a lot of our travelling is long distance. For close travel to Asia etc you can get full cover for $50. As I travel a lot I get a yearly policy and renew it each year. That way I'm always covered (in case I get a too good to pass up deal).

Good luck.

It depends on what you're calling "travel insurance". If you're looking for coverages like medical and emergency evacuation there many insurers that have this type of policy -- Travelex, Access America, Travel Guard and others.

But if you mean trip cancellation and trip interruption coverages you generally won't find it. The reason is they would have no way of pricing the policy without knowing beforehand what their actual risk of loss is. Are you taking two three-night cruises with Carnival? Or will you be doing six 14-night salings with Crystal?

In the US trip cancellationinterruption coverage is pretty much a trip by trip thing.

Archived