newbie itinerary question

Benji817

Hello all,

I know this has been posted and answered before, maybe not on this thread, but I do remember reading it somewhere I just can't find it now. I apologize if it's one of those "oh jeez, not another one of these" questions...:rolleyes:

The times that are provided on the itinerary for each port - is that local time, or does the ship always stay on Eastern time? I DO remember reading that how they handle the time difference can vary from ship to ship, but I can't remember if Norwegian in general was always on Eastern or adjusted to local?

So, for example, our itinerary says we'll be in port in Grand Cayman from 10am to 7pm - would we be arriving at 10am "ship time" or 10 am "local time"? :confused: ACK! I'm so confused!

I was tempted to call Norwegian yesterday, but I'm a little worried about getting the wrong answer with them - that's already happened to me twice! Anyway, thanks in advance for your help. :)

On our 2 cruises the time was adjusted. As we headed east we lost an hour accordingly, clocks on the ship were adjusted and you were reminded to do the same with your watches etc. As we returned we gained the hour back. Arrival and departure times from the various ports were always these new adjusted times. Did this adjusted time reflect local time, I don't know for sure but I would assume so, why else change.

Thanks everyone. Very helpful, as always. :) I've been trying to absorb as much info as possible for our first cruise, but I think it's too much for my brain to handle! lol I'm sure I'll forget everything the moment I see that huge ship in front of me anyway! :D

I have had it both ways on my cruises, but I will say they were very clear about notifying us as to how they were doing it:)

Ditto.....I've had it both ways, but they will make it very clear before you arrive at that port.

Have a great Cruise!

Kim.

Ditto.....I've had it both ways' date=' but they will make it very clear before you arrive at that port.

Have a great Cruise!

Kim.[/quote']

Darn! I guess it's not as simple as I had hoped. I was trying to book an independent tour at one of our stops and the vendor asked if we were on ship time or local time. If we're on ship time, I'm fine, if we adjust to local time I'll miss it. :eek: If I won't know until I'm on the ship, I guess that won't really work. Maybe I'll have to pass on the tour. Bummer :( .

Thanks for your help though! At least I asked first and didn't just assume incorrectly. :o

If NCL needs to adjust time, they will forewarn you in the Daily and in announcements. So, if you pass through a time zone, you are always on local time for that port. Then, you are on the same time as they are.

No worries.

A few suggestions:

1) Visit the PORTS of CALL section. You will get lots of ideas there.

2) Visit the ROLL CALL for your cruise, and others like like it. Meet and greet and maybe learn from some that are repeat cruisers.

3) Next time you post a question, try to be more specific in your posting. There are LOTS of ships and a wide range of itineraries.

Enjoy.

Darn! I guess it's not as simple as I had hoped. I was trying to book an independent tour at one of our stops and the vendor asked if we were on ship time or local time. If we're on ship time, I'm fine, if we adjust to local time I'll miss it. :eek: If I won't know until I'm on the ship, I guess that won't really work. Maybe I'll have to pass on the tour. Bummer :( .

Thanks for your help though! At least I asked first and didn't just assume incorrectly. :o

Is the Pearl already sailing this itinerary?

If so, you can post a new thread asking passengers who are returning from that itinerary on the Pearl. Or email the HD of the Pearl.

You do need an answer in order to book your tour or be safe and book the ship's tour. Good Luck

Archived