Connecting Promenade vs Balcony and Inside Cabin

buzmgr

We are booked on the NOS Feb 2008. It is a 5 night cruise. I was wondering for around 400.00 am I better off with a balcony with DW and inside cabin for my 2 DD's ages 11,14. I really don't want to spend the extra money, however will I regret it? How much time do you really spend in the cabin and is the balcony that much bigger. I am aware it is approx 30 square feet, but what does that really equate too.

Thank you in advance.

Wre have had a promanade room and we enjoyed watching the people walking around and also on the night that they have the parade and the promanade is packed you can sit in your window and be comfortable.

If you do get the prom rooms just remember to close the curtains when you are changeing or coming out of the shower.The reason is that there are rooms directly across from you and they can look in.

We also did not hear that much noise coming from below,if it was me i like the prom and with your girls right next room and not across the hall or down the hall.

What is the difference in price also?

We are booked on the NOS Feb 2008. It is a 5 night cruise. I was wondering for around 400.00 am I better off with a balcony with DW and inside cabin for my 2 DD's ages 11,14. I really don't want to spend the extra money, however will I regret it? How much time do you really spend in the cabin and is the balcony that much bigger. I am aware it is approx 30 square feet, but what does that really equate too.

Thank you in advance.

Which category balcony are you looking at, we had an E with my kids across the hall in an inside. My kids are 19 and 21 and I would not have wanted all of us in the same room. When they came over to hang out on the balcony the room was crowded. Plus the extra bathroom was absolutely priceless and I only have 1 girl. If you can afford it spend the $$ for the extra room.

The question is not one cabin or two, the op already made that decision. He wants to know about 2 pr cabins or one inside and one balcony. We have never done the PR but always get the balcony. One cruise I did do OV and it was so different. We are doing LOW this cruise and kids, ages 11 and 12 will be in the PR cabin. I splurged a bit for them and I took the less expensive balcony to be across from them. I cannot imagine a cruise without a balcony door to hear the ocean at night, to walk out on the balcony, even for a brief moment to look. It is priceless to me. I do not need the larger space of the cabin, but having a place to go to-outside , within the cabin makes me feel free and not trapped in a cabin. Also, I want the constant reminder of where I am. To me, cruising anywhere else on the ship would be like being in a hotel. Just my opinion though, which you did ask for.

The balcony we are looking at is on Deck 6 inside cabin across the hall, not sure what category. The promenade is on deck 8 they are connecting cabins. Does anyone know where they put the door for a connecting room. We felt we needed 2 cabins because of bathrooms and closets even though its 5 nights DW loves to pack way to much.

Thanks for everyones input. I am still waiting to hear more from everyone on this boards. The information is priceless!

The last three cruises we have booked connecting rooms. We have two daughters so they tend to bring a lot of luggage and the extra bathroom is great. We keep the door open during the day and evening and it feels like plenty of room. We were on the EOS in July and had two Prom. rooms. I would stay in a promenade room any time. My brother in law had a balcony across the hall with his teenage daughters but we always gathered in the two promenade rooms.

The balcony we are looking at is on Deck 6 inside cabin across the hall, not sure what category. The promenade is on deck 8 they are connecting cabins. Does anyone know where they put the door for a connecting room. We felt we needed 2 cabins because of bathrooms and closets even though its 5 nights DW loves to pack way to much.

Thanks for everyones input. I am still waiting to hear more from everyone on this boards. The information is priceless!

We had 6378 balcony and 6383 inside. It worked out just fine.

to me it would be worth it to have balcony and inside rather than 2 pr's, i love the extra room plus the view is great and you get fresh air, but if you have to save the money then go with the pr's, but above all else have a great trip and enjoy yourselves, it is'nt like you get to go on a cruise every month lol:))))):p

The connecting door is in the middle of the wall and it cannot be LOCKED at all during the cruise if you ask the steward to unlock it for the family to walk in and out of each. Now that also translates to NO PRIVACY at all. You can close the door but not lock it at your whim. This is not acceptable for us and we went back to the balcony/inside combo with the kids. I love the balcony no matter how little time I spend on it. It makes you appreciated the wonder of the ocean and its vastness. I love leaving the door open and hearing the ocean sounds. Also, when we had adjoining we had a small chair instead of the couch to make room for the door.

I found it much easier to stay in communication with my teen girls (13 &17): a tap on the door to say goodnight when coming in, sticking my head in to ask what activities they were going to for the next few hours. My 17 YO said that she really liked the connecting room better than the across the hall. The lack of privacy was never a problem for us. I also enjoyed the fact that we had spent so much less our cruise than if we gone with balcony & inside. Yes, it would have been nice to to have a balcony, but we enjoyed the window over the promenade, even spotted the 13 YO a few times. I would go with this option again.

Archived