Paying off balance

IndyTwinsMom

Ok...I have a question I really need answered. Our final payment for our cruise is due the 18th...we had a minor emergency come up last month & dipped into our vacation fund. Due to a few mix-ups & mis-communicatins w/ dh I will now have the money available by 18th or 19th ...what should I do if I'll be late?? Will my trip cancel? Will I loose my deposit? I just need another day (or two at the most) but it's pretty clear that it is a DEADLINE w/ Disney & I'm stressed. I hate to borrow or use credit for this - that was part of the agreement w/ dh - that if we can't pay for it (upfront / no credit) than we can't afford it so we shouldn't go. Hmmm...anyone have this (or something similar) happen to them? What did you do?

You said you'd be only 1 day late getting the rest of the outstanding balance. I know you said you didn't want to use credit (personally, I agree with your DH's views), but have you considered just paying it off with a credit card, and the next day (19th) take the cash and pay your credit card?

Requires some discipline, but it sounds like you and DH already are!

We booked our first cruise ever in early July, with a final payment date of August4 for the balance due. Since I paid by Visa over the net, I assumed that they would take the balance directly off the card on the due date. WRONG!!!! Thank goodness I called...about 1 week or past that final date. The CM said it was no problem, I just need to give them authorization to take the balance off the card, or pay in some other way. This was over 1 week late...there didn't seem to be any problem at all. Nothing was changed, no questions asked. I don't know if it always works that way though. Good luck!!

Unless you're carrying a balance on your credit card, I would charge the balance and then pay the bill ASAP. Not having the money until one day after the balance is due is NOT at all similar to charging when you have no idea where the money will come from.

Archived