Photos from Alaska Summer '07

signora

Here's the link to our photos:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560337344IUGwHl?vhost=good-times

We took the Island Princess on 7/23 out of Vancouver, sailed to Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway and disembarked in Whittier where we picked up a rental car. We spent the next five days in Seward and Denali and flew home from Anchorage. We used a Canon Power Shot digital camera with no special zoom. We are greatly endebted to the Alaska Cruise Critic thread for the invaluable advice and inspiration it gave us. If you can't access our webshots site through the url above, please post a reply and we'll try to correct it.

Thanks,

Nick and Amy

WOW! My husband and I just watched your pictures and they are wonderful! how did you do the videos? with your camera?

we are not going until May of 2008 but we have a lot to look foreword to. what tour did you take to get to the Yukon? we are planning one where we take a private 4X4 for 6 of us and it goes to the Yukon and Emerald lake too. its about a 6 hour tour!

Thanks Again!

Bonnie and Joe

Thank you so much for sharing those pictures. I am so excited b/c I think we have the same camera so I was happy to see GREAT pics with a "regular" camera. So many people on these boards are so knowledgable about photography and I am just a novice!

Also, what room is that in the Saltwater lodge? On the first floor? Thanks!

How neat to be able to wear shorts in the desert! :)

I'm Nick. I used my wife's username "signora" to post our pictures. Thank you for all your compliments on the photos.

-- Photodoodle. That's so funny you stayed in the same room at the Alaska Saltwater Lodge. We saw a bald eagle soar right in front of the bay window. We took the Kenai Fjords company's tour. The captain, Bob, was very knowledgeable about the wildlife.

-- Bonnie and Joe. We just rented a car in Skagway and drove 75 miles along the Klondike Highway to Emerald Lake. We saw a huge grizzly crossing the road just a few miles from where we had eaten lunch by the side of the road. We also got our passports stamped at Carcross. Murray's Guide really helped us know what we were looking at.

-- Sharp cruiser and bonseye. It was the cheapest room, right next to the breakfast room. I have to say I hardly knew how to use my wife's Canon Powershot, but I took a class onboard the Island Princess on digital photography which taught me a lot including how to use the movie feature. It got me very excited about taking pictures. I would definately recommend such a class. Good luck on your picture taking! In Denali, we stayed at the Mt. McKinley Chalet run by the Aramack company. I'm not sure about the exact name. It was very comfortable with a restaurant and pub. It was just a few miles from the entrance to the Park. We recommend the evening Tundra tour of Denali. It is longer and goes deeper into the Park and you see a lot of wildlife feeding at dusk.

-- Allentownahoy. Yes it was the South Sawyer glacier in Tracy Arm Fjord.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Best wishes,

Nick and Amy

Archived