When is spring break?

kittikat

Am cruise shopping (surprise, surprise) and am finding some really good bargains for March 2008. I am very laid back and would really like to avoid a party ship, did that once on Carnival and it seems we were the only sober people on the ship the entire week, not that I don't drink but am looking to avoid spring breakers. I can't seem to find out what weeks to avoid. I am looking for a relaxing vacation this this time, anyone have any dates to share?

Here is the 2007 schedule:

http://www.coolestspringbreak.com/college-spring-break-schedule.html

I would guess 2008 is much the same. I cruised with Princess last year during Spring Break and it was fine. I had the same concerns that you had though. I had a very bad experience on a Carnival ship one time (and not during Spring Break!)

spring break will begin the first week of March and continue until shortly after Easter, but the heaviest weeks are from the second week in March to the week of Easter with most college kids getting out from the 10th of March to the first week of Arpil. I hope this helps a little.

Nita

• Administrators

Different parts of the country have different spring breaks, and this includes both colleges and local school systems. It can start as early as the beginning of February (many systems have a "mid-winter" break in February, then spring break in late March or April). Normally the heaviest time is March (all of it), and some systems break as late as mid-April. Some systems link it to Easter (which varies year by year) and others have the same week every year. I think any week during that time frame carries the possibility of being someone's spring break, and them being on your ship, with a greater possibility the week before and the week after Easter.

Am cruise shopping (surprise, surprise) and am finding some really good bargains for March 2008. I am very laid back and would really like to avoid a party ship, did that once on Carnival and it seems we were the only sober people on the ship the entire week, not that I don't drink but am looking to avoid spring breakers. I can't seem to find out what weeks to avoid. I am looking for a relaxing vacation this this time, anyone have any dates to share?

we are cruising the 15-22nd on the triumph. . from the site that was posted i'm hoping this is a lighter college student cruise since the spring breaks listed for this time of the month start ont he 13th and go only to the 20th so we will see. don't most college students stay more towards the 4-5day cruises also or can we still find them on 7 night ones during their break?

There will also be less kids when you leave out of port that is more expensive to get to such as San Juan. We sailed out of LA this past March and as much as I enjoy cruising during spring break with my own kids, I won't do it again out of LA! It truly was one of those nightmare trips that you read about, although we still had a good time. It's totally what you make out of it, I think.

Departures from the east and west coasts seem to carry the most kids because the ports are driving distance, for so many. All cruise lines have been plagued with unsupervised kid problems at this time of year.

If you are looking to avoid spring breakers, Autumn - second week of December and early January are good months and often have many good values.

we are cruising the 15-22nd on the triumph. . from the site that was posted i'm hoping this is a lighter college student cruise since the spring breaks listed for this time of the month start ont he 13th and go only to the 20th so we will see. don't most college students stay more towards the 4-5day cruises also or can we still find them on 7 night ones during their break?

The website listed above was last years listings that had the 13th the 20th. For this year, that same week will be the 15th - 22nd, the same week you are cruising. And yes it is a very popular week to cruise. College students will go for the longest vacation they can afford. I would expect that you will still see college students on your 7 night cruise. But even more than that you will also see a lot of kids.

Archived