We leave on Friday

mountaingurl

I've spent most of the day packing. I've only packed the necessities, and we have WAY too much stuff. I just don't know what to do with all the stuff. Right now, I don't care if we get onthe ship with just jogging pants, I just want to go!!! This diet has got me down, and I plan on eating 3 slices of pizza as soon as I can get it. I don't care anymore that we are going to Progresso instad of Costa Maya. I don't care about pre-paid tips, not do I care if Jethro shows up in John Deere overalls on formal night. He can sit right beside me and watch me eat my melting cake, and if I'm still happy I might even offer him a bite. Just get me on that big boat, and I will be fine. I want to go on this trip; I NEED to go on this trip. Everything that could go wrong has, and I have not allowed anything to keep me from going, not surgeries, not job losses, or even hurricaines. I may be taking half of the money I intended on bringing, but I will have a great time. I may come back with 2 or 3 pictures instead of 10, I may have to get toasted at the past guest party instead of the lido deck, and I may not buy all the souvenirs that I planned on, but I will smile the whole time and be happy. This trip is more than just a vacation. I have worked all year to be able to get away, and by golly nothing will ruin it, not even yankee tea(I meant that totally as a joke). Thanks to everyone who has offered me advice. I really have learned a lot from this site.

Hi Mountaingurl!!!

I can totally relate. Have also had a couple unexpected things come up, but we are also leaving on Friday for Galveston and our cruise begins on Saturday and I can't stand it. And like you said - nothing will bother me at all - I am just glad to finally be on vacation!!:D

Enjoy your trip!!!

Beth

Mountaingurl,

I was just sitting here wishing my cruise would hurry up and then I read your post. Needless to say my desk now has tea all over it! How funny and what a great attitude! Go and have a wonderful cruise. Go up that that bar at the past guest party and order you a "foo foo" drink if they will let you. Have a great time!

Archived