Air Tran Vets

dusababy

I am considering Air Tran business class LAX/FLL mid-January to connect with cruise next day.

How is business class? Seats? Equipment? Service (food and/or drinks) one hour connection in ATL easy to do? Can they transfer luggage to connecting Air Tran flight and make it?

I've never flown them and will appreciate any experience and/or insights. Thanks in advance.

California Flyer

I am considering Air Tran business class LAX/FLL mid-January to connect with cruise next day.

How is business class? Seats? Equipment? Service (food and/or drinks) one hour connection in ATL easy to do? Can they transfer luggage to connecting Air Tran flight and make it?

I've never flown them and will appreciate any experience and/or insights. Thanks in advance.

California Flyer

They are great. I have flown them business class. I have only used them on direct non-stop flights. They have satelite radio.

My wife works for Air Tran and I feel they do a pretty good job. The equipment is the newest in the Air. From LA it will be a 737. Most of the time from Atlanta it will be a 717. They are trying to phase out there 717 and go to all 737. In Business class you will get first call for boarding. You get free drinks in Business and the will get you one before takeoff. The change of planes should go smooth. Most of there flights in Atlanta are in C concoarse. The LA flights are. Most likely your Ft Lauderdale flight will be to. If not it will be next door in D concourse. They only use 8 gates in D. There will be someone at the end of the gate in the off load to tell you where your next gate is. I always ask the gate agent before I get on the plane(like in LA) what gate you will come in at and what gate the FLL flight is leaving out of. They can pull it up in the computer is 30 sec. Also their misplace luggage stats are some of the lowest in the airlines. My wife says the put alot of pressure on the employee to get the luggage right the first time, because it cost them alot of money to get it sent on the person later. Good luck.

Really appreciate your input/experience.

They have a special right now and I will book immediately --

REALLY B I G savings over AA non-stop directly to FLL -- like 1/3 the price -- and for that money I can make the easy connection in ATL.

JJCNYC -- That's OK with me. For 1/3 the cost of AA and a noon departure I can bring a sandwich and a book.

I'm looking forward to trying Air Tran and hope it meets my expectations -- you get what you pay for most times but air fare seems to exist with different laws regarding supply and demand. At least for the short term.

tugboat023==YES! Airtran will give you a credit on your account to be used in the future. I would assume you could use it to upgrade to business class. I have never done this. I have gotten credits several tlimes, and just use them on my next flight purchase. Also, if you fly them several times a year, be sure to sign up for the Aplus awards (like frequent flyer). After 4 one ways within a year, the next flight, you can upgrade to business class for free.

tugboat023== Also, if you fly them several times a year, be sure to sign up for the Aplus awards (like frequent flyer). After 4 one ways within a year, the next flight, you can upgrade to business class for free.

I joined the A+ rewards as you suggested. Sorry I didn't do it sooner. I'm not sure if I read this correctly on Air Tran's website. If I sign up for a A+ credit card and pay the $39 annual fee, they would give me 8 credits after I make my first purchase. Does that mean I would be able to use these 8 credits to upgrade to Business Class when I fly them in April?

Archived