New X spot.....

AZaTaz

I saw the new X ad. It sure had a funky flair about it. David Bowie music….. Not what I would expect from X. Is there change in the air with X? Are they going after a new demographic?

PS.... We liked the new tv spot btw..........

It didn't really jump out at me. Looks like any other commercial with fast moving images and a rock and roll song in it.

But I DO get a kick out of the commercial that parodies Celebrity...the one that says "some cruise lines tell you when to play, when to eat", etc. You know the one! But I have no plans to use that cruise line. I'm sticking with =X= !!!!

After they spent 25 million in advertising I hope they remember that "word of mouth" is usually the best and the least expensive. Although, if you don't satisify that mouth it can turn "ugly". Happy passengers may tell 10 others, unhappy passengers will tell hundreds. I'm happy and the new ad is catchy.

It didn't really jump out at me. Looks like any other commercial with fast moving images and a rock and roll song in it.

But I DO get a kick out of the commercial that parodies Celebrity...the one that says "some cruise lines tell you when to play, when to eat", etc. You know the one! But I have no plans to use that cruise line. I'm sticking with =X= !!!!

Although I cruise more with "X", don't knock the other lines. The one you referred to is an excellent cruise line.

I like it, very much! Looks like Celebrity is trying not to be so much a mass-market pseudo luxury line but actually AGAIN trying to create its own unique niche. I find the ad sophisticated, and love that there are no families or kids in it!

Fast graphics shown with a rock and roll song…. Well that sure is not just ANY Rock & Roll song now is it?

Either Princess Or Celebrity needed to step up and offer something with style for ADULTS, and thus far Celebrity seems to have what I think is the right idea in their marketing. Only time will tell if it is substance and not just style.

While I am at it, I am not pleased the Solstice will not have a Black & White hull.

crazybus, you admonished me -

"Although I cruise more with "X", don't knock the other lines. The one you referred to is an excellent cruise line." :confused:

I wasn't knocking the other line at all. I can't even tell you which cruise line it is!! That's why I said "you know the one" - because I don't!! I like that commercial because it pokes fun at Celebrity. In truth I like (to an extent) the structure dining, etc., that =X= offers.

I too noticed the ad had no families or children in it. Just an observation, here. No need to ready the flamethrowers!

I'm merely posting my opinion. Take a deep breath...good juju in, bad juju out.

crazybus, you admonished me -

"Although I cruise more with "X", don't knock the other lines. The one you referred to is an excellent cruise line." :confused:

I wasn't knocking the other line at all. I can't even tell you which cruise line it is!! That's why I said "you know the one" - because I don't!! I like that commercial because it pokes fun at Celebrity. In truth I like (to an extent) the structure dining, etc., that =X= offers.

I too noticed the ad had no families or children in it. Just an observation, here. No need to ready the flamethrowers!

I'm merely posting my opinion. Take a deep breath...good juju in, bad juju out.

I have seen the "other" commercial that you mentioned that pokes fun at Celebrity and thought that it was clever in pointing out that the "other" cruise line does give everyone a choice for dining options which includes traditional dining, instead of structured dining. The new ad is much better than the old one (obnoxious lady on the stairs) and Celebrity does depend on these TV ads to continue the influx of first time cruisers.

Hi Everyone !

I remember when Celebrity started their previous ad campaign. I commented on here, that I thought those commercials were awful. I remember saying, for a line as wonderful as Celebrity, how they should be spending their money, showing the audience all about life on a Cruise, the ships, and all the wonderful things you can do onboard. Thankfully, someone at Celebrity listened, and the new commercials get the job done. While I feel the new commercials are a nice improvement over the ones from last year, I feel they can do better.

One comment about the new music. It was fine, but I have to ask.... What was wrong with "Simply The Best" ? What better way to describe your company ? I thought those words said it all. I'd like to see it return in the future !

I have seen the "other" commercial that you mentioned that pokes fun at Celebrity

My interpreatation of that ad is that it pokes fun at ANY cruise line that has 'traditional' written all over it. Celebrity is not the only one, and, I didn't see anything in that ad that would indicate it was specifically directed at Celebrity.

That said, on to the new Celebrity ad....

It is much better. Don't know how I missed the ad agency switch (from Arnold to Element 79). I said many times in the past they needed to dump Arnold. Looks like they finally did that. And a Chicago agency too! Quite a switch!.

I've only seen the last 10-15 seconds of the ad - on either the Discovery or Travel Channel...I think. The song caught my ear (LOVE David Bowie!!!), I whipped my head around, told my DH it was the new X ad, and...how long to my next cruise?:) I suspect they're going after a wider (not different) demographic. X already has the baby boomers and up, they're now trying to increase their share of the "younger" baby boomers/younger couples. I fall in the new group (they already have my business) and I found the ad appealing, so I guess they're reaching their target audience.

Happy cruising!

Denise

Hmmmm, will be interesting to see how it plays out as a campaign. I was surprised that they had such a long shot focusing on the X branding on the stack since it no longer seems to be part of their branding intent for the future. Maybe, just maybe they'll bring it back on Solstice.

Archived