Anyone going to Progresso..........soon??

crazycruzer68

We will be there on oct.17 so we don't have long to finalize everything. I have a group going on this cruise, none of which have ever cruised before, I feel like their vacation is riding on choices I help them make. With that said I have done alittle research and it looks like the Reef Yucatan Resort is the place for us. My question is if anyone will bring back any information they can find about independant tour companies, from what I understand from other CC'ers there are several located at the peir. Any help I can get will be very appreciated!!

I was in Progreso back at the end of July. We didn't book through the cruise line due to cost and timing but we did book one as we got off the ship. You can either book in the marketplace right as you get of the ship, or take the shuttle across the pier and book at the marketplace on shore. Looked to be the same company and the same price. AutoProgreso was the company that was running the free shuttles across the pier (at least the bus we were on) and they apparently run a lot of the tours. We ended up booking the Dzibilchaltun ruins tour and would do it again in a heartbeat. Our guide was wonderful, we actually got to climb the ruins, and did swim in a cenote. When our tour was over, they actually took us all the way back to the ship bypassing the marketplace and its crowds, and got us back in time to eat and to trash talk the late arrivals.

Hope this helps.

-D

I will be leaving next week. I will bring back any info I can find. It's been very difficult to get info about private tours there. Rowan posted last week, and she was very helpful.

I would be so thankful if you could do that for. There have been alot of helpful ppl on this board.

We are just wanting the do the resort, let me know what you find!!

Auto Progreso, the tour company which sponsors the buses that take you from the ship to the end of the pier, does tours to the Reef Club - you can arrange for the tour right there when you get off the ship. It's $45 pp for the Resort/Ruins Tour, and it includes all you can eat/drink at the Reef Club and a short trip to Xcambo ruins site. Hope this helps!

I too have seen posts that folks took private tours once they got there to a beach for half the price of the cruiseline. The problem will be how to get in touch with those people ahead of time if thats what you want. Those local folks who take you may not have a web site.

Archived