palette cleansing sorbet cups

cklun

Celebrity ships serve on formal nights a very small, metal stemmed cup of sorbet at some point in the meal.

I want to buy some of these for a gift for someone I cruised with.

Does anyone know what these are called and where I can buy them? I have search for days.

Thanks in advance for any help! Carol

If you can't find the metal cups then you could opt for small glasses dishes. I just bought four beautiful little dishes in Rhodes for serving palatte cleansers. The dishes were actually designed for votives but they are the perfect size for sorbet. Found perfect size spoons to go with them in Rome.

RCI uses small glass dishes for the sorbet which can also be chilled.

Good luck.

Kathy

Thanks for the ideas! I will find something else if I can not find these, but it would just be such a great gift to get the exact ones like we had on the cruise as a way to remember it each time they were used.

I will keep searching. Meanwhile, thanks so much for the responses! Carol

Not meaning to be the spelling police ;) but you may have better luck if you search for palate cleanser :) . I don't know if you'll find the exact ones you're looking for, but at least you'll probably get more hits on your search. HTH!

I would look at restaurant supply companies that sell to the general public, like instawares.com. You could also try expanding a google search to "dessert dishes" or "dessert glassware" or "sherbet dishes" to get more hits. Good luck! I have a set of tall, stemmed sorbet glasses that are just beautiful, I absolutely love them.

Archived