Royal Caribbean Dress Code?

gizmo0013

We are going on our cruise in Dec. Majesty of the Sea is the ship. I was wondering the dress code? Anything will be helpful. How short for shorts? what about tops can it be tank tops? What type of bathing suit? (1 piece or 2) What to wear during the day? What to wear in the evening? For formal night what type of dress? Short or Long? Straps or strapless? Can it be velvet? Thanks

On Majesty of the Seas almost anything goes during the day and I do mean almost anything. Dinner in the dining room is a dressier level of clothing...slacks for gentlemen and skirts, dresses, slacks, nice capris with nice tops for ladies. No shorts, sweat suits, men's tank tops, or swimming pool attire for anyone. But you will see jeans although they are not suggested.

Formal night is the least formal I have experienced on any ship. I'd say many do wear actaul formal attire...maybe about half. Most men who dress up have a tux or dark suit with tie. The women have a gown, cocktail dress or very nice "Sunday-go-to-meeting" clothing. A strapless gown or cocktail dress on formal night is very acceptable. You might want a shawl or wrap because the ship can be cool at night.

I have seen men in sports coats and some in dress shirts with a tie. Women seem to dress up more. You can get away with very nice slacks and a very dressy top, nice shoes and acessories.

Formal night can be as formal as you wish. You cannot be "too formal."

The question of velvet has been debated here extensively. I say velvet in December is correct and lovely. Some here have said that velvet in the Caribbean is never correct. You may certainly wear it, but know that some women will look askance. Oh well.

I always wear velvet for winter cruises. Anytime from December to March, velvet, even in the Caribbean is just fine.

Daywear is mostly bathing suits and coverups. One or two piece suits are fine. You must have a coverup and some kind of footwear if going into the dining room or buffet for lunch. For tours in the ports, shorts/tops and good walking shoes or sandals are perfect. Don't wear fancy heels in the ports unless you want to come back to the ship with a sprained ankle. I'm amazed by the women who wear stilletos on tours and struggle to walk on the uneven walks and cobblestones.

For the evenings, formal nights most will wear long or short gowns/dresses, flowy evening pants with sparkly tops. Straps or strapless , whatever.

Archived