Waitstaff tipping

viciouslysh

I just got off of the Legend on 9/9/07 and I was extremely pleased with my waiter and assistant waiter. I felt like I left with two new friends. I left the customary tip that is automatically charged to your S&S card. But, I also got two extra envelopes and gave them each a little extra cash along with a note telling them that they really made it a wonder experience for me. I gave it to each one personally after our last dinner. They both seemed to really appreciate it. :)

Can I add an additional tip to the charge on my S&S card? Can I specify to whom the additional tip goes? Are there any options other than carrying extra cash for extra dining room tips? (I know some folks, like stevedores at embarkation, require cash but I was really hoping to go cashless on board.) Any ideas would be appreciated.

Other cruise line's passengers like giving international calling cards but another thread lead me to believe that's not done here... Any explanation would be helpful, TIA -Linda.

Archived