Manzanillo Beach, Costa Rica, Info please!

JessH

There is not much action on the Costa Rica board, so I am posting here.

Im going on the Carnival Liberty, and would like to do a beach excursion. There arent many! I read that Bonita Beach is close by, but not that nice. There is no excursion there, so we would have to go alone.

There is a biking excursion that goes to Manzanillo beach.

Please, any information about these beaches or your experiences would be very helpful! thank you

Manzanillo Beach is very nice. Consider renting a car and driving down the coast from Limon. It is an easy drive. I have stayed there many times on land based vacations. The rainforest goes to the sea. The ocean is not too clear for snorkeling and there were a few sand fleas on the beach but we had a great time, it is very scenic. If you want to go for a hike in the rainforest, there are many trails that meander into the forest and further down the beach. There are lots of howler monkeys, white faced monkeys, and sloths right off of the trails. There is some reef that is exposed out of the water from an earthquake sometime in the 90's if I recall right. Have fun!

Archived