Royal Caribbean or Celebrity?

mlbbunny

We are looking at Freedom of the Seas from Royal Caribbean or something from Celebrity. It will just be my husband and I and we are quite active but I'm also interested in the spa during our vacation. We are planning to go in Jan or Feb to some place warm. Any suggestions of other cruiselines would also help.

I always though Royal Caribbean would be cheaper than Celebrity but Freedom of the Seas seems to be coming up much higher. Also if we were to do Freedom, how are the crowds? Does it feel over crowded at pools/ hot tubs and other activities?

IMHO, Freedom of the Seas is just too darn big. Way too many passengers and long lines for everything. Celebrity will have less kids, if any kids at that time of year. The food and service is much better on Celebrity. It's a more laid back atmosphere, but not boring. RCCI has things like rock climbing walls, a surfing pool and things like that. I much prefer Celebrity.

FYI, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are both owned by the same company. The parent company markets Celebrity as a premium cruise line and Royal Caribbean as a regular cruise line; basically a half to one star difference. Most but not everyone would agree.

Those mega ships have mega prices. We are pricing out Voyager which is more expensive but we need to go out of Galveston and I want to get to diamond some day on RCI!!! I want those perks.

If you plan on continuing to cruise, I would pick one cruise line and stick with it if you can, wish I was not so spread out.

Hello,

My opinion....go on a Celebrity ship unless RCCl has an itinerary/price combination that really appeals to you. RCCl is a very fine cruise line but Celebrity really is more of a premium cruise line, in terms of food and service.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Go with Celebrity. After a variety of different experiences (NCL, Orient Lines, and several river cruises, we sailed on Celebrity's Century last April. Loved it!! Plenty to do - or not do, as you please. Excellent service, excellent food, beautiful ship, and not overwhelming in numbers or size. Enjoy.

We have sailed the Freedom. The pricing right now on the FOS & LOS seem high could be supply & demand taking over. Our expectations can disappoint us and we would spend the whole cruise looking or moaning about it not meeting our expectations. We think a cruise is what you make it and not what you expect. We now select more on itinerary and time of year. Fall New England/Canada or Bermuda, Winter S Caribbean, Summer Alaska, Spring Caribbean or Mex Riv.

We don't compare anymore just enjoy the cruise and ports.

Freedom is big but the crowds on all of the ships are equal to the size of the ship. There were lines on the SS Dolphin and it only had 800 passengers. Freedom does have the Flowrider & Wall. For us it was fun just to watch. Fear of a busted something kept us on the bench. When you hit that 100 MPH water you are Wiped Out.

Probably didn't help yopu make a choice other than to say go where you want to go and don't make the cruise line the absolute. We have been on a few lines we didn't find our cup of tea but still enjoyed the crusie and one another.

Archived