New to Princess/?Sailing Grand Princess

Chesie

Hi everyone,

We have never sailed Princess and are thinking of an Oct 2008 to Egypt/Med. 3 adults. Looking into Mini Suite but not sure of which deck and area. Heard upper decks can see into your balcony.

Any info on this ship, itinerary and excursions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Chesie

Hi everyone,

We have never sailed Princess and are thinking of an Oct 2008 to Egypt/Med. 3 adults. Looking into Mini Suite but not sure of which deck and area. Heard upper decks can see into your balcony.

Any info on this ship, itinerary and excursions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Chesie

Emerald deck. That is all you need to remember. When you call your TA tell them you want a mini suite on the Emerald deck. The balconies for these mini suites are fully covered.

Although one must book those Emerald deck minis very early--there are only twelve on each ship and they go FAST, especially on a popular itinerary such as this. If you do get one, be sure to mark your booking 'No Upgrade'.

Just checked availability for the Oct. 5 cruise; already 7 of those are listed as not available. The good news is the E729 the last one with the larger extended balcony IS available. Grab it if you can.

No noise factor on the starboard side, (odd numbers) at all. On the port side, which is already booked, there can be some noise, but much less than on the newer ships. Because this is the older design, not the Club Fusion design, there is not the same use at night with a loud band. Sometimes a trio, usually a comedian or somesuch, but its pretty quiet. It is more of a lounge than a nightclub.

Thanks! I just booked E729 with my TA. I mentioned about the Emerald deck with no one looking down into the balcony. She said Princess said all the balconies were the same and no one will be looking down on either decks. I guess she needs to call back and speak to another rep at Princess. You stated E729 has a larger deck. How so? More sf? I wonder why the Emerald deck mini's go first? Sorry for all the questions. It's very hard when you never sailed with a line before.

Thanks,

Chesie

Chesie,

Here is what it looks like from another Grand Class ship (its the CB so the cabin numbers are different is all):

291057453GUzZbH_th.jpg

Click on it to enlarge, but that whole curved white area to the left is part of your balcony; compare that to the size of the balconies to the right, which are the standard size for a minisuite --that part with the blue partition. Oh, yeah, you have a big covered one! The covered ones go first because so many folks prefer that to the open ones seen up one deck on Dolphin. And the Princess rep obviously has not looked at an actual ship or would not have made that statement. (Sadly, that is true of many of them, not all, but many)

Archived