Question about the pictures for passports

Jeepenfun

Yep another passport question. :rolleyes: I searched put didn't see anything relating to this.

It says to bring 2 pictures of yourself 2"x2" when you apply. Can these be printed on your own home inkjet photo printer on photo paper or does it have to be a photo from a photo developing place on the traditional photo paper? Has anyone tried printing their own 2"x2" photos for their passports? Will they accept it? Also, can't they take your photo at the passport accepting office when you apply in person? (post office)

Yep another passport question. :rolleyes: I searched put didn't see anything relating to this.

It says to bring 2 pictures of yourself 2"x2" when you apply. Can these be printed on your own home inkjet photo printer on photo paper or does it have to be a photo from a photo developing place on the traditional photo paper? Has anyone tried printing their own 2"x2" photos for their passports? Will they accept it? Also, can't they take your photo at the passport accepting office when you apply in person? (post office)

When I looked into this the requirements were so specific for how the photo had to be that it is easier to just use a service. I believe there are full service passport offices that do it all.

I haven't tried printing my own cuz they are so strict on it. I had my pic taken at the post office when I applied. It cost me an extra $15 for the photo's. I've been told that Walgreens does passport photo's too and so does Walmart photography. I think Walgreens was about $7 and I'm sure Walmart is comparible.

Just make sure that when you have the pictures taken they take it close enough. We originally had our pictures taken at a CVS and they were too far away and when we went to the post office to apply for the passports they said they were no good and we had to go back and have them redo them.

We had ours taken at Walgreens ($7.99 for 2 identical 2X2 on white background to exact specs set by Dept of State) It was easy and painless.

They also offered them at the PostOffice $14.99 for 2.

Easier and less stress to do it at one of these places then to try to do it at home and get the head to chin dimintions (sp) correct. IMO.

Good luck.

We had ours done at Walmart for something like $8 per person for two photos. However, I ended up misplacing my oldest son's pictures and so he just used our digital camera took a photo, reduced it to size and printed it out on photo paper. I wasn't sure they would accept it but they did with out a word.

Archived