Help, I think I'm jinxed

lawofraven

If this post sounds like I'm whining I'm sorry upfront. We are 2 weeks away from leaving for our cruise and I am no longer excited. In the past few months everything that could go wrong pretty much has. In June my step-father Rich died suddenly from a heart attack, his children, less than 12 hours after the death, kicked my mom out of house. Rich was actually in process of changing will but died before he could. The old will left everything to kids. Since then Mom has had to get an attorney to prove her clothes, furniture, and priceless family photos are hers. Then both of our vehicles needed major repairs. In July I had to commit my father for suicide attempt. He has been battling bi-polar disorder for years and is an amputee (lost leg due to infection after Knee-replacement). He has had intensive therapy and is on new meds but still having problems. He doesn't like lethargy associated with meds so he hasn't been taking them properly. My hours have been reduced at work and somehow I (and a few others) have been deleted from computer system. Last week our apartment building was hit by lightning. DH's computer hasn't been able to connect to internet ever since. My very old, and slow one does but it is prone to shut off with no warning. Just this week after 5 months of downstairs neighbors having to mop floors after we take our showers, the landlord finally hired someone to replace our shower. Guess what it still leaks. I wish I could back out of this cruise before I cause the ship to break down in the middle of the ocean. It just seems to be my luck as of late. After everything that is happening I really need a vacation. So why can't I get pumped up for this cruise? Again I'm sorry for whining but has anyone else had a bunch of things go wrong right before leaving on cruise and had a great time anyway? Also can anyone give me the info again on how loved ones at home can send e-mail to ship that will be delivered to stateroom. I had this thread saved but now can't access it. I just have this feeling I'm going to need it. Thanks for listening and any comments that follow. We are off to buy another car today and hopefully my whiz kid son can get the better computer working. I need a drink!!!

Angie

It sounds like you REALLY need this cruise. Perhaps taking a break from it all will turn things around for you when you return, and your "jinx" will vanish...or you'll come back with a different perspective and your life will improve. Pre-cruise is one of the best times of a cruise vacation...the planning, the excitement. When you put your head down on your pillow at night, clear it of all your day. Imagine yourself embarking, imagine your first tropical drink, imagine the warm breeze....put yourself on the cruise....let it take you away NOW. Take care.

Archived