I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME....has been MOVED!

aaannnthony

......by the powers to be to: FUN STUFF: Floataway Lounge. I wonder why? Wouldn't an explanation be appropriate? Thank you.

* It wasn't specifically HAL realated

* The FUN STUFF boards aren't as lively or active as this one

* WE're all so well behaved that there isn't much for the moderators to do - and they get bored

* It gives us something else to start a poll about :rolleyes:

dakrewster, of course, you're right, it's not HAL related, like all those specifically HAL polls......when did you first cruise, the bingo poll, where do you have breakfast, what size table do you choose, and, especially, joining hands and praying before meals!

BTW.....17 of the first 30 threads, in time order now, are polls!

dakrewster, of course, you're right, it's not HAL related, like all those specifically HAL polls......when did you first cruise, the bingo poll, where do you have breakfast, what size table do you choose, and, especially, joining hands and praying before meals!

BTW.....17 of the first 30 threads, in time order now, are polls!

Well, you will note that the "joining hands" thread is in lockdown. And may I say thank the good lord above for that!:rolleyes:

Hi, Sher, we leave on the ninth, a sort of b-2-b-2-b.....we're doing Alaska again, 17 years later, a 4 day land tour, Denali, etc. then board ship, the Sun Princess, 7 day to Vancouver, switch ships to the Diamond Princess, do a 5 day coastal to San Pedro, and, then, a 7 day Mex. Riviera.

We're in San Fran the 23rd, Santa Barbara the 24th, and San Pedro the 25th. My recollection was you were closest to LA. Am I right? Can you and Bob meet us for the day? I'll do lunch!

WOW, Anthony you came up with another "switcheroo" cruise, sounds real interesting. If we were not doing the Royal Star Clipper, would consider

joining you and Fran. I know next year is out, but keep us posted on 2006.

Sher . . . If you and Bob decide to have lunch with Fran & Anthony have him pour an extra glass of wine for me and you can drink it !!! Can't wait for our

Veendammer voyage, maybe you can persuade them to join us.

Hello to all our "Amsterdam" friends!

Aaaannnnthony- I wish that Bob and I could join you and Fran, but I have one of my major labs on friday this fall. I could skip it usually, but a family emergency is taking me out of town for the next 2 weeks and I will have much catch-up to do with my classes at the College.:(

It sounds like a lovely series of cruises, we just loved Alaska this year. You guys will love SF, which is the City on your cruise that is closest to us. Make sure you take a cable car and have some dungenous crab along the wharf. SF is a lovely City (my home) and I am sure the weather will be lovely in September, it's the best time of year in the Bay Area. You might also decide to take the ferry to Alcatraz, it's a really interesting place and the views of SF from there are the best!! I know you all will also like Santa Barbara, so totally California. San Pedro is less exciting but if you get a chance, I recommend that you go to the Getty Museum in LA, it is really an exceptional place!

It sure would be great if you and Fran could join Jasl and Bob, and Bob and I on the 11/26/05 Veendammers cruise. Lots of CCer's are going to be there and we'd all sure love to have you and Fran join us!!!!!! The trip promises many good times and at least one moving cocktail party! Knowing you, your cruise card is filled for 2005 but it'd sure be fun if you could "squeeze" us in!!!:cool:

Our best to you all, safe travels!!!!!

Jasl- You and Bob have a wonderful trip! I leave tomorrow and won't return until after you and Bob have left for the Royal Star Clipper!!! Bon Voyage and safe seas. Please bring back lots of pictures to share when you return !!!! God bless and have a wonderful time!!!!!:cool:

Sher and Joyce....looks like we created our own little thread.

Sher, thanks for the SF tips, however, we've done all in Sf with three visits over the course of thirty years. LA is different; thanks for the reminder about the Getty Museum.....I remember reading a very encouraging mag. article a few years ago. I'll e-mail you a few days b/4 we get to SF.....maybe you'll find a way!

Joyce, I thought your Royal Clipper was for August. You and Bob will enjoy a very different cruising experience....we sure enjoyed our two weeks on the Star Clipper in March. Have fun!!

Archived