Some Photos of Queen Victoria

Beyondships

Cunard has been releasing some photos of the interior of Queen Victoria as they are being fitted out and I have been assembling them. So far, there is the Grand Lobby and the Queens Room.

http://www.beyondships.com/QV.html

Dear Beyondships,

Once again, thank you for your coverage of Cunard's "Anticipated - New Arrival" in December.

Yes, interest and excitement will be building in the coming months.

• 3 weeks later...
She looks to be significantly better than the pseudo photographs suggested.

I think I shall spend the first couple of days on board (whenever that is) eating words and wiping egg from face.

Matthew

But you are used to that, and do it so eloquently.:)

What a great picture! It appears that the corner cabins picture here have very large balconies. Yet are the same grade as the rest. I know which cabin I am requesting!

Remember Nina,

The corner cabins have NO privacy.

They can be seen VERY CLEARLY from other ares/balconies.

We knew folks who had on of the corners on the Westerdam (another Vista class ship) You can see from the way it juts out that people on balconies for and aft (but in the set back part) of the corner cabins will be able to see right into it.

KP

P.S. Something about it looks to glossy to me.

Too glitzy- I don't know why, since it is just a view of lots of glass balconies!

That's just first impression.

Remember Nina,

The corner cabins have NO privacy.

They can be seen VERY CLEARLY from other ares/balconies.

We knew folks who had on of the corners on the Westerdam (another Vista class ship) You can see from the way it juts out that people on balconies for and aft (but in the set back part) of the corner cabins will be able to see right into it.

KP

P.S. Something about it looks to glossy to me.

Too glitzy- I don't know why, since it is just a view of lots of glass balconies!

That's just first impression.

I think it's the rounded balconies--there's something very 1987 about them. They make me think of legwarmers and big bangs. Wow, that was really catty of me, wasn't it? Sorry. The Cunard livery does tone down the effect some--it would be much worse if the ship was all white.

Nina,

If you book on five, our cabin is right next to that corner one - if that is the first 'bump out' - not sure.

I'm glad to see what it looks like up close - makes me glad we chose that one, we were torn between it and one that is aft on the corner - we are just much more comfortable with cabins that are mid-ship.

Has everyone seen the wonderful pictures etc of QV that host Melissa has kindly put on a new thread for us? It's titled "What Cunard traditions are you excited for on Queen Victoria"? - it is at the top of the main Cunard page. Many photos of puplic rooms and some cabins we've never seen before.

Bob

Archived