How Should I do This? Suggestions Please..

abba_dabba_doo

Since I am a cruising amateur (only been on one cruse before and we didn't fly) I'm hoping all you seasoned cruisers can help me.

Our ship sails from Port Canaveral, FL. Our plan is to fly down the day before and stay in a hotel/motel in Port Canaveral. So here are my questions:

1. What is the best way (low cost) to get from airport in Orlando to Port Canaveral?

2. What are some good (low cost) hotels/motels to stay at in Port Canaveral?

3. What's the best way to get from hotel to pier?

4. Then upon our return the following Sun back to Port Canaveral, what's the best (low cost) way to get back to Orlando airport?

Any suggestions/advice you can provide are much appreciated :)

Thanks!

Our ship sails from Port Canaveral, FL. Our plan is to fly down the day before and stay in a hotel/motel in Port Canaveral. So here are my questions:

1. What is the best way (low cost) to get from airport in Orlando to Port Canaveral? You may want to consider a one-way rental. We did that last year and it worked out great. It was much cheaper than the shuttle companies. But it may depend on how many people and how much luggage you have.

2. What are some good (low cost) hotels/motels to stay at in Port Canaveral? Do an on-line search in the Cocoa Beach area - there are plenty of affordable hotels.

3. What's the best way to get from hotel to pier? Lots of hotels offer a shuttle from their front door to the pier - check on this when booking your pre-cruise room. The car rental companies will shuttle you to the pier as well.

4. Then upon our return the following Sun back to Port Canaveral, what's the best (low cost) way to get back to Orlando airport? Again, you may want to consider the one-way car rental.

Hope this all helped a little. Good luck and happy sailing.

I checked into this also. You can get one way rentals from most rental companies (I checked into Avis). If you pick it up when you fly in, you can keep it that night and return it the next morning. I know Avis would let me drop it at their office in Port Canaveral and they would shuttle me to the port.

There are lots of motels in the area - a couple of note are the Country Inn and Suites and the Radisson. Check out the "I Work in Port Canaveral" thread under east coast departures for lots of good info (warning, it is quite lengthy now!).

Enjoy your cruise!

There is a thread at the East Coast Departure Board that has compiled all of the info you need.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720

There are hotels that run shuttles from the hotel to the port. There are a few ways to get from MCO to PC. The cheapest is *usually* renting a car and driving. But I personally like taking towncars ($200 round trip). Or you can take a shuttle Art's Shuttle and pay per person.

If you choose to rent a car, it doesn't matter how far from the pier you go.....since Cocoa Beach is like....5 minutes south, if that much...you just keep driving and you can find lots & lots of inexpensive motels........even Motel 6........which last time we stayed there......they just renovated their pool......big....not fancy....cheap & big:D

Archived