MUTS on Coral Princess

TBIRD

Hello everyone. I have been a lurker for some time and have benefited

greatly from everyone who has generously given of their time and advise.

I would like to plan a 35th wedding anniversary for DH and myself mid-March

to Panama Canal. I love the MUTS and was wondering if the Coral Princess

has MUTS?

has MUTS?

No, Sorry, she does not - but there are so many other great things to do! We sailed the Coral last fall to the Panama Canal and she is our favorite Princess Ship so far!:D Take the cruise, we would do it again in a heartbeat!;) Enjoy!!!

has MUTS?

OK, call me dumb, but what is a MUT?

Thanks & regards,

Coral and Island are sister ships, and neither has MUTS. They are a special size, larger than the Sun Class and smaller than the Grand Class - just the perfect size!

MUTS was intended for the Grand Class ships, and the newer ships have it (as I understand) and some of the older Grand class ships have been retrofitted for it.

So, please help me make a list of those with MUTS:

Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, ?????

I hope they don't ruin the Coral by putting MUTS on it. :eek:

Not that I mind it on other ships, but I think it would be out of place on the Coral. It has the nicest covered pool area (2nd floor is awesome for quiet, sleep, reading) that they would probably lose by adding the screen.

Gloria.. The Emerald, Crown, and Caribbean were constructed with an integral MUTS. The Grand and Sea were retrofitted with MUTS. No other retrofitting on current Princess ships is planned. The new Ruby will have an integral MUTS.

Gloria.. The Emerald, Crown, and Caribbean were constructed with an integral MUTS. The Grand and Sea were retrofitted with MUTS. No other retrofitting on current Princess ships is planned. The new Ruby will have an integral MUTS.
This is correct. The cost of retrofitting the Grand was enormous and originally, the Golden was supposed to be retrofitted but then the Golden's itineraries changed so that she's in colder climates for at least part of the year when you can't even be outside or sit in the covered pool area much less huddle up freezing to watch MUTS. The Sea Princess was retrofitted because when she was transferred back to Princess from P&O (she was originally a Princess ship, transferred to P&O and fitted with amenities for UK travelers), she needed a makeover anyway. Currently, Princess is installing MUTS only on new-builds, i.e., with an integral design as a new ship is being built. While in some places, the Coral/Island are referred to as "Grand-class" ships, they are really a completely different design.

Archived