What ships will be in port?

curry767

Hey All,

Has anyone got links to a website that will tell you what ships are going to be in port on any one day.

For example; we will be on the ms Volendam in Skagway on 14th August 2008, what other ships will be in Skagway on that day?

Cheers

Curry

Hey All,

Has anyone got links to a website that will tell you what ships are going to be in port on any one day.

For example; we will be on the ms Volendam in Skagway on 14th August 2008, what other ships will be in Skagway on that day?

Cheers

Curry

There is one site www.cruisecal.com but it is too soon for the 2008 Alaska year. You have to wait until after the first of the year.

Marilyn

Hey All,

Cheers

Curry

Sorry, Curry, but it's a little early for the schedules to be out yet. In early Spring (about March), you'll find them here:

http://www.claalaska.com/schedules.html

There is one site www.cruisecal.com but it is too soon for the 2008 Alaska year. You have to wait until after the first of the year.

Marilyn

I checked the main calendar at this website for my Alaska cruise in July 08 and it listed all the ports and what other ships will be in port the same day. I was happy because it looks like we will have all the ports to ourselves except Ketchican but maybe more ships will be added to the calendar at a later date.

I checked the main calendar at this website for my Alaska cruise in July 08 and it listed all the ports and what other ships will be in port the same day. I was happy because it looks like we will have all the ports to ourselves except Ketchican but maybe more ships will be added to the calendar at a later date.

That's not a very accurate view right now because it doesn't show any of the NCL or Princess Ships or the smaller ships. The schedules haven't varied a whole lot in the past couple of years so if you take a look at this year's schedule it shows the Carnival Spirit being joined by 3 other ships in Ketchikan; 6 other ships in Juneau; and 2 other ships in Skagway.

That's not a very accurate view right now because it doesn't show any of the NCL or Princess Ships or the smaller ships. The schedules haven't varied a whole lot in the past couple of years so if you take a look at this year's schedule it shows the Carnival Spirit being joined by 3 other ships in Ketchikan; 6 other ships in Juneau; and 2 other ships in Skagway.

I went back to the site and did a more extensive search and realized there are no NCL or Princess ships listed as yet. I didn't think of checking this years calendar, thanks. 6 in Juneau, wow!! :eek: Guess I better get going on the excursion reservation, I think we are doing the independent zipline company. I have already booked our rental car from Avis for Skagway so that one is covered.

Thanks again for the info, I should have known having the ports to ourselves was too good to be true but it sure would have been nice.

There are always at least 2 ships in each port and like the poster above stated..don't be surprised to see 6! The ports get very busy with all the ships sailing Alaska and the limited amount of ports to visit.

Actually not true. We were on the SB Coral Princess in June this year and we were the only ship in Ketchikan the entire day and we were the only ship in Juneau until 2:00 p.m., at which time the HAL Ryndam docked.

Actually not true. We were on the SB Coral Princess in June this year and we were the only ship in Ketchikan the entire day and we were the only ship in Juneau until 2:00 p.m., at which time the HAL Ryndam docked.

Yes, you were very lucky because you were so early in the season. A week later there were 5 ships in Ketchikan & 5 in Juneau!

I have been to Alaska 4 times, two in May, one in July and one in Sept. and the may and Sept. ones have alot less ships in ports the same time as you. Now starting end of June, all of July, August expect to find 2 or more ship in ports. That is why I love May so much; alot less ships and the weather is better. At least for me it was.

Marilyn

Our northbound Princess ship was the only big ship in Skagway on Friday, June 8th. There was also a Cruise West ship in port - but they don't make much of a dent on crowds in Alaskan ports. We were also the only ship in Vancouver. There's definitely an advantage to being on a ship with a Monday departure, although Juneau and Ketchikan were still very busy.

Archived