Did the searching, now I need a refresher...

prc

Tried to find as much as I could without starting another thread, but I think I need a quick review of what i have, plus a few updated tips...

Serenade OTS late January 2008, wife & I

Taxi from SJU to Sheraton OSJ = 25 (w/luggage & tip)

Taxi from Sheraton OSJ to PanAm pier = 25 (w/luggage & tip)

Taxi from PanAm pier to SJU = 25 (w/luggage & tip)

I have the Sheraton OSJ thru RCCL, and it includes transfers to the PanAM pier, but I cannot find any info on the timing (even C&A desk didn't know!)

We will be at the Sheraton OSJ and checked in by about 7pm local time...any decent, basic eateries we can walk to?

Thanks!

Check out this website. It has a link to the taxi fares which are set by the govt. for most of the routes. www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp with tip those amounts sound about right....except for the one from the hotel to the Pan Am pier....that sounds a little high.

As far as places to eat.....you betcha..... you will be in old San Juan and there are lots of neat places. Just check the link in the above website or do a web search. Depends on what kind of food you want.

One tip: DO NOT EAT BREAKFAST AT THE HOTEL. Go to La Bombonera for breakfast.....you can walk there from the Sheraton. Got a good hot cup of their coffee (it is strong!) and a ham and cheese mallorca - Oh YUM. Or pick from the front window of fresh baked pastries..... or they have a regular breakfast menu. Been around over 100 yrs.... must be doing something right ;)

what time do the shops close in old san juan. We will be arriving on a Friday after 2 pm and checking into sheraton. Friends will be staying closer to the airport and we are trying to figure out if they should come to old san juan (7 pm ish) or wait until Saturday morning.

Okay here's the skinny on the transfers from the Sheraton to the Pan Am Pier:

You have to check out of your room by 11am. The bus for the transfer will not be available until sometime between 1 or 2 - they can only give an estimated time but they won't come to pick you up until scheduled check in at the pier which is actually around 2pm. The lobby of the Sheraton is very small so there will be no place to sit.

My recommendation: even though you have the cruiseline arranged transfers, after you check out of your room take a taxi to the Pan Am Pier (it's worth the added cost). You'll be one of the first people to check in and be on the ship, because they usually start letting you board around 11:30 - and most people won't get there until much later.

For dinner, we walked up to Cafe de la Puerto Rico at the suggestion of the bellhops. We enjoyed it so much (and the prices were reasonable) that we returned for a meal post cruise.

Archived