All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Thanks for the review, fiugypsy. I requested early dining, but then decided maybe I'd try late for the first time (because I like to have sushi, and there's not enough time between when the sushi bar opens and 1st seating to really enjoy the sushi; and I don't want to dull my apetite!).

But I'm also not a late-nighter, so I'd probably be better off with early dining. That way, I can gamble a little after dinner and maybe see a couple of shows. I'm not into the shows, either, but want to see Ticket to Ride.

I believe Miracle returns today. Hopefully, we'll get some more reviews soon! Thirty-two days and I'm gone! Can't wait!!!!

I think I asked that over in a thread on the East Coast Departures board (there's now a separate sub-board for Florida departures). I don't believe I got an answer. If I did, I never saw it.

I've never paid any attention to which pier I was at. I just followed the signs (when driving to Port C). This will be my first cruise out of Ft L.

Cool. I decided the hotels on 17th St were too expensive for me, so I booked at La Quinta, near the airport, in Hollywood. Midport should be closer (unless, of course, everyone has to enter from one gate). As I said, I haven't sailed from Ft. Lauderdale.

Becoming a cruise addict is very bad for making people wish their lives away so they can hurry up and get to their next cruise! At my age, I should be hoping for time to slow down, not wishing it would hurry up!

Midport should be closer (unless, of course, everyone has to enter from one gate). As I said, I haven't sailed from Ft. Lauderdale.

There are three entrances (at least) to the port, but Midport is closest to the main entrance. Just go straight, thru security, you will see the midport garage on the left, and there will be signs for each terminal with the ship's name.

Thanks To every one!!

I for one am anxious to view the Capers from the Western tour.

Younf Mountie, we wuold be glad to join you for you vow... My wife is pregnant and she loves cake !!! ;)

We are in a Cat 8G, can we arrange for a full lounger on our deck, if we ask the sweard real nice ?

OOOh, cant wait !!!:D

I'm in an 8G and was told earlier that there isn't enough room for a lounger. Although it's an extended balcony, the pics of it don't look very large. There are some posted way back several pages.

I'm not driving. I'll be in a hotel shuttle. I'm sure the driver will know exactly where to go. Having a cruiseport must be wonderful for the local hotels and restaurants!

All the capers and reviews are wonderful to read, but we're on a "special" cruise and have a different itinerary from any of the others (we're only 7 nights - Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk). So I'm really excited about it because we're different and it will all be a surprise! Well, not everything, because I've read every single thing I can possibly find about this cruise.

How did I ever manage to sail five times without Cruise Critic? :D

Absolutely LOVED the MIRACLE! Like you said the crew & the service on this ship is outstanding. It was definitely one of my favorite Carnival cruises:-)

Annie loves cruizin:-)

There are NO MORE topless decks on Carnival ships. Carnival is not unique in ANY way any more.....

Same as any other cruise line but RCI has better ships.

I've only done the topless deck once (2nd Fantasy cruise). I have been to topless beaches in Europe. It's not such a big deal, really. I'm sure there are young men who think it's just great, but, trust me, it really isn't. And liberal use of sunscreen is highly recommended!

I'll be happy with an adult pool area that is limited to adults! :D

I've only done the topless deck once (2nd Fantasy cruise). I have been to topless beaches in Europe. It's not such a big deal, really. I'm sure there are young men who think it's just great, but, trust me, it really isn't. And liberal use of sunscreen is highly recommended!

I'll be happy with an adult pool area that is limited to adults! :D

The aft pool on the Miracle is the adult pool, there is confusion about this because as you walk out the last set of doors the color change marquis says kids pool. But they are making the aft pool the adult area.

I heard that Carnival may be switching to a Brooklyn port instead of the one in Manhattan - anyone know anything about this.

Also, if we are thinking of taking the train to grand central - what way would you suggest getting to the pier? I have heard some take a shuttle to Times Square then walk? Is this possible? Sorry for the stupid questions but I am not familiar with getting around the city and we are trying to figure out the most cost effective way to get 7 people to the ship.

Thanks

I heard that Carnival may be switching to a Brooklyn port instead of the one in Manhattan - anyone know anything about this.

Also, if we are thinking of taking the train to grand central - what way would you suggest getting to the pier? I have heard some take a shuttle to Times Square then walk? Is this possible? Sorry for the stupid questions but I am not familiar with getting around the city and we are trying to figure out the most cost effective way to get 7 people to the ship.

Thanks

The pier will still be in Manhattan...they are just revamping it. The shuttle that you are talking about is the subway. You can take that but with all your luggage would be a bit difficult. I suggest taking a cab from Grand Central.

Hmmm, no topless deck makes for a disappointing cruise? I guess Jim L is a ray of sunshine.

I won't miss the topless deck. Most of the ladys up there are nothing to look at. I only saw one or two really hot ladys up there in all the cruises I have ever been on. ( not that I go up there to look I was lost on the ships there very big you know) I think the water park is a great idea for the kids to keep them away from the adult pools and hot tubs.

I've been on the Legend a long time ago and I don't remember whats on the very top deck...but I'll bet my DW will be laying out topless somewhere..I've heard that they will allow you to be topless there...Dennis

No more topless deck.

It seens to be strange that we just went on the NCL Pearl and they have a topless deck and Carnival which I think is a lot more liberal is doing away with theirs..Has anyone from Carnival accually came out and said why they closed the topless decks......Dennis

I'm pretty sure we discussed the whole topless deck issue way back in this thread (y'all haven't read through it all, have you? tsk, tsk! :p )

Again, it isn't a big deal. If men actually go to a topless deck (or beach) to look at women's breasts, I feel sorry for them. It's not like they can't find them on view on the internet! No one would want to look at me (I'm middle aged and flat chested), and some of the women who were up there with us on the Fantasy should never, ever expose themselves, but I understand their right to do so. There were some VERY large women up there. VERY large! :eek:

Anyway, if there is one, great. If not, fine. I doubt that it will influence my enjoyment of my cruise in any way.

We sail one month from today! :D

Archived