All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

I know what you mean! No computer. No cell phone. Total escape for some R&R!

We have close to 15 posters (about 40 people, including posters' family members) on our Roll Call. I didn't know about CC prior to this cruise, so it will be fun to meet those folks after Muster Drill, drink in hand, at the Orpheus pool!

If the food isn't up to par, you be sure to get them whipped into shape so everything is perfect for us when we sail, ok? :p

Hi Everybody!

This was just my second cruise, so now I'm done with the shopping tips seminars, too!

TallyRockChick,

Our 3 excursions were all Carnival sponsored, not private. Because of our personal circumstances, I didn't have much time to devote to trip planning, so I took the easy way out and booked through Carnival.

Panama -- Grand Tour. First we took a bus to the Gatun locks at the Panama Canal. This was a very interesting stop and we stayed long enough to watch a couple of ships go through. Then we got back on the bus and were taken to a big hotel where we walked through the lobby (bathroom break), then out the back where there was a dock and some small boats were waiting. We were taken to see some indiginous people in a village. This was very hokey and a funny situation that made us a little uncomfortable. Tiny children were waiting to take our life preservers as we got off the boat. Later they washed the mud off our tennis shoes as we got back on. All through the program, we couldn't quite figure out who was taking advantage of who! Then we took a boat ride around Gatun lake to see a few sloths hanging in the trees. Then back on a bus and to the ship.

Costa Rica -- Tour was called Adventure Canals, Rain Forest and Banana Plantation. This tour was great. We lumbered down a small road through endless banana groves, then got out at a banana processing area where we made lots of cool photographs and saw bananas being readied for shipment under open sheds. Back on the bus, next stop was at a big shed for drinks and slices of fruit. People in stalls were selling coffee and trinkets. Then we got onto small boats for a ride through the canals where we saw monkeys, crocodiles, sloths, bats, butterflies, and enormous numbers of beautiful pelicans and birds.

Belize -- this was a total bust for us. The ship was anchored a few miles off shore and we had to take small boats in to Belize. The short version is that our tour left without us. The longer version is that we met at the appointed time in the Phantom Lounge and waited for our group to be called. Josh-"Big Sexy," the assistant cruise director, called for three groups at once to exit the lounge. Because we were sitting at the front of the Phantom Lounge, we were among the last ones in the group to exit to the tenders. One tender filled up and we and a few others were left to take the next tender. By the time we got to shore, the tour had departed without us. The Carnival folks were very apologetic and cheerfully refuneded our money, but we were left with nothing to do in Belize but shop a little and return to the ship. There were lots of native people offering private tours that we could have taken on the spot, but having done no research into their reliability we chose not to take that option. Luckily, our frame of mind on this trip was just to take it easy and relax, so this was not a huge disappointment for us.

That's probably way more than you wanted to know ! Hope it helps.

melissasimon sorry to hear about your Belize excusion, same thing happened to me the first time sailing on the Miracle in Belize but we missed our scubadiving excursion to the Blue Hole. We also tendered in and did use Eco-Tours to fly to San Pedro and get a dive in. It ended up being WAY better than the excursion from the ship, and yes the purser staff refunded our missed excursion as well.

But anyways.....the questions :)

1. What nights were Formal Nights?

2. Do you have any of the Capers from the trip?

3. Do you remember what the menu was for each night?

4. How were the shows?

5. Heard the piano bar hasn't been good....did you go? Thoughts?

Thanks,

JC

ive just been turned onto this site,,,and im glad i did,,,,,and sandy i jumped onto your little site,,,,and love all your comments,,,,ive been on rcl 7 times and was blown away,,,it was awesome,,,,this is the first ive tried carnival,,,,,it was a bit cheaper,,,and i was told there will be a diffrence,,,,i was told carnival is a step down,,,,,either way,,,,im still excited to go jan.2nd (anyone else going that week),,,,,,my girlfriend and i are counting the days,,,,,,im going to get back to reading all about this ship.....thanks sandy for your views and everyone else.....:D

ive just been turned onto this site,,,and im glad i did,,,,,and sandy i jumped onto your little site,,,,and love all your comments,,,,ive been on rcl 7 times and was blown away,,,it was awesome,,,,this is the first ive tried carnival,,,,,it was a bit cheaper,,,and i was told there will be a diffrence,,,,i was told carnival is a step down,,,,,either way,,,,im still excited to go jan.2nd (anyone else going that week),,,,,,my girlfriend and i are counting the days,,,,,,im going to get back to reading all about this ship.....thanks sandy for your views and everyone else.....:D

Welcome to CC..........funny, but I bet the people who told you it was a "step down" haven't been on a Carnival cruise or had friends who told them that it was a poor product.

Kudos to you for trying it out....I think you'll be surprised.

Everybody Is Different,,,,,,im Still Excited,,,,if It Was A Step Down Ive Been On Many And Know How To Make It Better,,,,,but Im Sure Everything Is Going To Be Awesome,,,,,lets See,,,,20 Degrees Shoveling Snow Or 80 And Sunny,,,,and The Sight Of The Ocean 24 Hours For 8 Days !!!!!;)

i was on the miracle in oct 06 and it was my first cruise it was fantastic everything about it, i am booked on a princess cruise in april 08, the reason i picked it is because my family have always done princess cruises, as i was a bit scared of being on a ship i agreed to try a weeks sailing with a weeks land (hotel) , the miracle got me hooked, i am going to be able to see if carnival is a step down which i dont think it will be from other cruiselines, if it isnt i will be back to carnival as it is great value for money too, i just wish they did 2 weeks cruises in the caribbean:D with eastern and western itineries combined

Everybody Is Different,,,,,,im Still Excited,,,,if It Was A Step Down Ive Been On Many And Know How To Make It Better,,,,,but Im Sure Everything Is Going To Be Awesome,,,,,lets See,,,,20 Degrees Shoveling Snow Or 80 And Sunny,,,,and The Sight Of The Ocean 24 Hours For 8 Days !!!!!;)

I hear you on the snow thing....we are in Chicago now but born and raised in Warren....the wife in Centerline.

We did the Miracle last October and went back this October.....she's a GREAT ship.

I hear you on the snow thing....we are in Chicago now but born and raised in Warren....the wife in Centerline.

We did the Miracle last October and went back this October.....she's a GREAT ship.

YEA CHICAGO IS THE PLACE TO BE,,,,,WELL IM SURE IT WILL BE FUN,,,,IM COUNTAING THE DAYS !!!!!:p

Never been on RCCL, although I do plan on trying them in the future. I will admit from the pics that I have seen of their ships, they do look "prettier" BUT the service I received on the Miracle this June was Outstanding. From our cabin team to our wait staff and everyone else. They were all wonderful. The food was excellent as well. You definitely should try Nick and Nora's. It is 30 p/p and definitely worth the extra charge. I equate it to a 5 star dining establishment here in NYC. I think you are really going to love the Miracle. :D

Never been on RCCL, although I do plan on trying them in the future. I will admit from the pics that I have seen of their ships, they do look "prettier" BUT the service I received on the Miracle this June was Outstanding.

If you like the layout and size of the Spirit class ships, I recommend you sail on the Jewel of the Seas or one of the other Radiance class ships. They are very cool looking ships.

Carnival is a much better value, IMHO.

My first cruise was on RCL. Had a wonderful experience so we booked again but on Carnival. Figured we'd give them all a try. Well, our next three cruises were all Carnival. RCL and Carnival are the same product, same passengers, so why pay more for the SAME? Plus Carnival's bathrooms are so much bigger.

I hope you come back and give us a review. Enjoy your cruise.

My first cruise was on RCL too...Majesty of the Seas. When I sailed I was 23 and there was basically not much to do for someone my age on the ship. My cousin and I found the only 2 people our age on the ship and hung out with them the whole time. I found it to be more of an older crowd. Great service, lovely boat, but boring for my age. Not to say I wouldnt try them again if the price was right, but Carnival has a really big place in my heart right now. And a big place in my bank account too! ;)

Unfortunately a lot of people think that when the price is less you get a cheaper product. I don't feel that way at all. There are times that when you can spend a lot and not receive anything.

The two times that I sailed with Carnival, they gave me a lot for the money. I found everything to really be excellent.

I've been wanting to sail on RCI again. I absolutely LOVED my cruise on Empress (just DD & I). But the only reason I could afford it was that it was a repositioning (and they're usually considerably less).

We sailed from Tampa, to GC, Jamaica, St Thomas, and home from San Juan. 7 nights. Lots of Latin Americans on the ship.

We loved it. Older, small ship (but I'd only ever sailed on the Jubilee which was also old and small). Great service; great food; met fun and interesting people. DD didn't have any problem finding things to do.

Best part? The HOT Cruise Director (Rico something) who participating in their Ship-n-dales performance one night. :D

Anyway, I always research RCI, Princess, NCL & land AIs when I'm searching for my next vacation.

I keep coming back to Carnival because of the price and because I've had good experiences in the past.

Ship decor isn't that important to me. A nice-looking ship is, well, nice, but it isn't the deciding factor. Itinerary & price are what drive my vacation decisions.

I have a really strong urge to book on Victory for next December out of San Juan. Only thing is - NO SEA DAYS!!! Sounds exhausting, but I could be persuaded to stay in San Juan for a couple of days post-cruise to recuperate!

For a port-intensive cruise like that, I'd be perfectly happy with a cheap inside cabin. I mean, I can book an inside for under $900 for a 7-night cruise. And there appear to be reasonable airfares to San Juan out there!

Cheapest on Adventure of the Seas (inside that is only 160 sq ft) starts at $599 per person. Cheapest on Caribbean Princess (inside that is only 163 sq ft) starts at $684 pp.

So, until DD has graduated from college and I no longer have that expense, I'll continue to sail with Carnival because, for now, I think it's just a great vacation value. For every $ I don't spend on the cruise fare, I have another $ to spend on other things or to put toward my next vacation, or I suppose I could pay tuition with it!

I haven't been on a cruise I haven't enjoyed. Looking forward to Liberty to Panama Feb 16th/08. Have you travelled Liberty, if so, what is Harry's like. We did Nick and Nora's on the Miracle and it was a dining experience to die for. I will always pay the extra $30.00 a head and go to the restaurant on ship - I have never enjoyed a meal and an experience like that ever. Also, if you did Panama are there any excursions you would recommend. CS

I haven't been on a cruise I haven't enjoyed. Looking forward to Liberty to Panama Feb 16th/08. Have you travelled Liberty, if so, what is Harry's like. We did Nick and Nora's on the Miracle and it was a dining experience to die for. I will always pay the extra $30.00 a head and go to the restaurant on ship - I have never enjoyed a meal and an experience like that ever. Also, if you did Panama are there any excursions you would recommend. CS

I'm sure it's just as good as Nick and Nora's but you might want to do a search in the other threads for Harry's on the Liberty. :)

Ok, I have a disembark question. If you are doing self assist, can you still go get breakfast and things like that? I have always done self assist and got scared so just left when they called our number and waited in all those lines starving. But I have heard of people doing self assist that just go to breakfast and then go back to their rooms and get their stuff and leave. I guess Im always nervous of getting in trouble or something. What do you guys do for disembark?

Sailing on this ship in a few months! Can't wait! This will be my first cruise on a non-Fantasy class ship.

I was wondering - on the Panorama deck if you're staying in one of the cabins in the very front, are you very close to the bridge? Just wondering for privacy reasons...

Hi Brandy,

We did self-assist debarkation last week. The self-assist people were allowed off the ship first, before any numbers were called. (Just ignore the luggage tags with numbers that are put in your room because you won't need them since you're carting your own luggage.) We were told that self-assist passengers would be allowed off the ship between 7:30AM and 8:30AM. We left our luggage in our cabin, and were at Horatio's for breakfast 6:50AM because we were told it would be open at 7AM. It had obviously been opened early as there were lots of people already eating and finishing up. So you can go early and take your time with breakfast. When we finished breakfast, we took all our luggage down to level 2 (about 7:15AM) and there was already a fairly long line of people waiting with their luggage to disembark. We got in line and were able to sit in a lounge area while we waited for the ship to get clearance from customs to let people off. This didn't happen until about 8:10 and by then the line stretched all the way back to the Phantom lounge and looped back. Once the line started moving, it moved very quickly and getting off the ship was very efficient. Passengers with numbers had to wait until all the self-assist people were off first.

Melissa

Archived