All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

All my bags are packed, Im a-ready to go...Im sitting here, Im still at work...I hate to wait all day to say goooooodbyeeee. Cuz Im a-LEAAAAVIN...ON A CRUISE SHIP!!! Dont know when I'll be back again (actually unfortunately its the 9th :( )...

My alarm went off this morning and my eyes popped open and I said IT'S TODAY! Working till 4 and on my way down to Ft. Laud!

Thanks again for all the advice everyone! I'll have a full report upon return!:D

All my bags are packed, Im a-ready to go...Im sitting here, Im still at work...I hate to wait all day to say goooooodbyeeee. Cuz Im a-LEAAAAVIN...ON A CRUISE SHIP!!! Dont know when I'll be back again (actually unfortunately its the 9th :( )...

My alarm went off this morning and my eyes popped open and I said IT'S TODAY! Working till 4 and on my way down to Ft. Laud!

Thanks again for all the advice everyone! I'll have a full report upon return!:D

Have a wonderful cruise Tally Rock. :D Wish I was going also.

Enjoy!

I just got back from the Miracle. What a great ship. No wonder so many of you are crazy about her. I am way too tired to go into too much detail right now but I had a blast. Even though the Spirit Class ships are my favorite, this one blew them all away.

One thing I will say before I go take my nap (so exhausted) is that my group had a great time with Larry. If you want someone to be entertaining with a great sense of humor then see him. There were so many people in the piano bar having a great time. A woman named Corolla who works on the ship was there singing some nights. WOW can she sing. Buster also took over for quite a few songs.

Another thing before I nap is the sushi bar they had every night from 5:00PM - 8:30PM. So good. It kept be out of dinner for a few nights.

More to come later.

I just got back from the Miracle. What a great ship. No wonder so many of you are crazy about her. I am way too tired to go into too much detail right now but I had a blast. Even though the Spirit Class ships are my favorite, this one blew them all away.

One thing I will say before I go take my nap (so exhausted) is that my group had a great time with Larry. If you want someone to be entertaining with a great sense of humor then see him. There were so many people in the piano bar having a great time. A woman named Corolla who works on the ship was there singing some nights. WOW can she sing. Buster also took over for quite a few songs.

Another thing before I nap is the sushi bar they had every night from 5:00PM - 8:30PM. So good. It kept be out of dinner for a few nights.

More to come later.

I really don't want to say welcome home.......because I know where you just came from.................GLAD she didn't dissapoint. Now you know whay we LOVE this ship!!!

Can't wait for your review!!

Name Game: So happy you had a good time!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Larry and the Piano bar. Some have been not-so-complimentary about him in the Piano Guy thread.

Piano bars aren't really my "thing" but I'm going to stop in for a while to check it out.

I requested early dining, as I always do, but it really doesn't give me time to enjoy the sushi. I'm seriously thinking about changing to late dining just so I can have sushi as a snack.

Plus, we don't leave St Thomas until 8 pm and Grand Turk until 7, so having early dining would mean I'd either not get to eat in the dining room or would have to cut short my day in port.

More to come later.

So glad that you had a great time Name Game. :D I knew you would. Your CC friends wouldn't stear you wrong about the Miracle.....LOL!!!!!

We loved the sushi bar as well. It was always a nice snack to have with drinks before we would have our dinner.

Did you go to Nick and Nora's?

What cabin were you in?

Ok....I will wait until you get up from your nap to read your review. :p

Name Game: So happy you had a good time!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Larry and the Piano bar. Some have been not-so-complimentary about him in the Piano Guy thread.

Piano bars aren't really my "thing" but I'm going to stop in for a while to check it out.

I requested early dining, as I always do, but it really doesn't give me time to enjoy the sushi. I'm seriously thinking about changing to late dining just so I can have sushi as a snack.

Plus, we don't leave St Thomas until 8 pm and Grand Turk until 7, so having early dining would mean I'd either not get to eat in the dining room or would have to cut short my day in port.

What time do you arrive in St. Thomas NCT? We were there from 7-6. Would have loved to have a bit more time. St. Thomas was my favorite port.

More to come later.

Hey NG;

I am glad you enjoyed the cruise. I am in FL right now and was in ft Lauderdale a few days ago and was hoping I would have been there when you sailed in. I had planned on taking some pics. I had to be in Ft Meyers yesterday so that plan didnt work:mad: Now I am in Polk City right across from the Fantasy of Flight at the Loves Truck stop. I am loking forward to your more in depth review!! I can't wait to be back on the Miracle or any Cruise Ship. Well at least I am in FL and not at home in Chicago. The GF told me it SUCKED there the last few days!!:D

Hiya Sandi!

I see you are on top of the thread today!! I am so glad you started this. I love living vicariously through others to remind me of the Miracle!! I hear you are getting the weather that went through my home town yesterday.

Be safe!!!

Mark

Hiya Sandi!

I see you are on top of the thread today!! I am so glad you started this. I love living vicariously through others to remind me of the Miracle!! I hear you are getting the weather that went through my home town yesterday.

Be safe!!!

Mark

Hiya Mark,

How have you been? Haven't seen you on in a while. I'm glad I started this thread also. I get to relive my Miracle cruise through other people as well. :D

We did get a bit of snow but nothing like in the midwest. We got about an inch and it's supposed to rain later tonight so it will wash it all away which is fine with me. I'm not ready for snow yet. Hmmm as a matter of fact, I'm never ready for snow.....LOL!!! Last year it we didn't receive our first snow until mid January. I hope this isn't any indication that it will be a bad winter. :(

Sandi,

We really do have a fantastic itinerary for our Special cruise!

Mon, 12/17 Depart FLL at 4 pm

Tue, 12/18 Arrive Nassau 7 am, depart 2 pm

Wed, 12/19 Fun Day at Sea!

Thur, 12/20 Arrive St Thomas 9 am, depart 8 pm

Fri, 12/21 Arrive San Juan 7 am, depart 3:30 pm

Sat, 12/22 Arrive Grand Turk 12 pm, depart 7 pm

Sun, 12/23 Fun Day at Sea!

Mon, 12/24 Arrive FLL 8 am :(

My only issue really is the excursion list for Grand Turk. We're the only ship in port and are there for 7 hours, but many of the excursions I've seen for this stop (and I've been there my past 2 cruises) aren't list.

We did the Horseback Ride & Swim both times and absolutely LOVED it. Last December, we also did the Gibbs Cay & Stingrays after the horses.

This time, no horseback riding listed although it is still an excursion when you check the "generic" list for GT. I know this only takes 2 to 2-1/2 hours, so why it isn't available is beyond me.

There are lots of snorkeling and diving and stingrays, but I want horses! No dune buggys, either.

Ah well. Even if it's "only" a beach day (I didn't care for Margaritaville), I'm sure I'll have a good time.

My plans: walking tour in Nassau; shopping/tour/beach with Air Force 1 in St Thomas; walking tour of Old San Juan; who knows in GT.

I've been so anxious for this cruise to hurry up and get here, and now that it's two weeks away, I'm starting to panic about buying last-minute stuff and packing! Typical! :p

Wow that is a great itinerary NCT. Have you ever been to San Juan before? If not, I definitely recommend you doing one of the forts. We did El Morro (that one is older) or San Christobal is supposed to be very good as well. We also stopped in a little place called Cafe Bohemio located in the El Convento Hotel on Christos St. http://www.elconvento.com We had drinks and apps there. Not very touristy at all and the food was great and the prices were reasonable. The bartender was really great as well....very friendly. His name was Mike. He gave us suggestions on where to buy t-shirts and all that stuff. We walked around Old San Juan and then stopped at the Parrot Club for their famous Parrot Passion which was delicious. We didn't have dinner there but we did look at the menu and it looked very nice. There are also some other restaurants that I heard were very good as well(Aquaviva, Dragonfly and Sofia). They are owned by the same parent company as The Parrot Club. Here is the website if you are interested. http://www.parrotclub.com/

Are you planning on doing any shopping in St. Thomas? I can also recommend a nice place for lunch down in the Royal Dane Mall by Main St. The place is called Gladys Cafe and the food was very good as well as the service. Gladys was really so nice and friendly. I absolutely loved St. Thomas and want to go back there for a week on a land based vacation.

Don't worry your cruise will be here before you know it. Don't rush it because once it comes around, it will go by so fast. That's the worst part about vacations, they always fly by. :(

Hiya Mark,

How have you been? Haven't seen you on in a while. I'm glad I started this thread also. I get to relive my Miracle cruise through other people as well. :D

We did get a bit of snow but nothing like in the midwest. We got about an inch and it's supposed to rain later tonight so it will wash it all away which is fine with me. I'm not ready for snow yet. Hmmm as a matter of fact, I'm never ready for snow.....LOL!!! Last year it we didn't receive our first snow until mid January. I hope this isn't any indication that it will be a bad winter. :(

Yea I know I haven't been here much. I have been on the road a lot, and don't have much time to be on the laptop. I have decided on my down time I would rather spent a lot of time with my nose in a good book:) I just discovered Clive Cussler! I just finished the 4th and last book in his

Oregon Files" stories. Great reads!! Now back to Nelson DeMille......"Up Country this time".

Well I hope the weather gets better for you. I have been in FL for the last week and a half and it has been in the 80's!!! I am not looking forward to heading back other than to see the GF!

Yea I know I haven't been here much. I have been on the road a lot, and don't have much time to be on the laptop. I have decided on my down time I would rather spent a lot of time with my nose in a good book:) I just discovered Clive Cussler! I just finished the 4th and last book in his

Oregon Files" stories. Great reads!! Now back to Nelson DeMille......"Up Country this time".

Well I hope the weather gets better for you. I have been in FL for the last week and a half and it has been in the 80's!!! I am not looking forward to heading back other than to see the GF!

Ahhh weather in the 80's.....that is MY weather!!! We were down in Ft. Lauderdale a few weeks ago for a wedding and the weather was fabulous. In the 80s, sunny and no humidity. That is my ideal weather. I was made to live in the south, not up here in cold, gray NYC.....LOL!!!

Getting into a good book is great. My husband is a big DeMille fan.

When are you heading back up to Illinois? Drive carefully, although I know you will. :)

Sandi, I've printed every map and all the walking tours from Fommers, too!

And, of course, I've read all your comments/suggestions on the various Ports of Call boards. :D

The only time I've been to San Juan was when the Empress docked there. We saw nothing except the airport (for hours).

I posted a really long post a few days ago about wanting to book Victory next December out of San Juan that has NO days at sea. I'd happily go "cheap" and book an inside (<$500 pp) so I could tack on a couple of relaxing days in San Juan at the end.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=SJU&itinCode=SCO&groupInd=&shipCode=VI&durDays=7&subRegionCode=CS

They changed that itineray recently and removed the overnight at Dominican Republic. I really want to visit there, too. Destiny still has the DR itinerary but only for a couple more months, I think.

A little more about my Miracle cruise, although bear with me because I am so depressed that it's over. :(

The staff was really great on the ship. Everyone needs to look for Ali, the server at the back pool. He was also our bar guy for dinner. He was everywhere. He gets to know and remembers everyone. I felt kind of bad because I never ordered a drink from him other than water, but everyone else I was with ordered a ton. He always had ice water for me, a new glass every time he passed me.

My cabin was great, 7158. It was an extended balcony. It was the first extended one with a blocked view on the right but it was great. Very private.

I wish I could think of what else to write, but I think my brain is still mush. Any questions I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

I guess I can't write like Chitown. ;)

Archived