All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Thanks Brandy, It was so fun, I ate sushi a few times, I had way to many ice cream cones, for some reason the pizza sucked this time, it was always undercooked, not as good as it was in May, the food in the dinning room omg it was amazing everything I ate was so good, I usally stick to everything that Geoege has on the menu, you people do know who George is right, lolll... I had rack of lamb on the first night that was fingerlicking amazying omg, I had veal the last night that was amazing to, bitter nad blanc was out of this world omg..... Words can not explain how good the food was. I used the gym 2 times and took the stairs a few times...... But we used this new Mitto ***K it I'm on vacation, lolllllll, so we did what we wanted......... good thing was I only gained a pound maybe 2 lolllll..... :D

Hello Miracle cruisers !!! My wife and I sailed from N.Y. in May 07 on the wonderful Miracle. I can't say enough about this ship and crew. We are looking to book a cruise for May of 09. Since there is time, I'd like to pose this question to the Miracle groupies. Looking for a balcony room, assigned, in category # 8,any good recommendations ? " Thanks in advance".

Hello Miracle cruisers !!! My wife and I sailed from N.Y. in May 07 on the wonderful Miracle. I can't say enough about this ship and crew. We are looking to book a cruise for May of 09. Since there is time, I'd like to pose this question to the Miracle groupies. Looking for a balcony room, assigned, in category # 8,any good recommendations ? " Thanks in advance".

Hi Harvy,

My husband and I sailed the Miracle in June and absolutely loved her as well. We were in balcony cabin 5204 (Upper deck), midship by the atrium elevators. I thought it was an excellent location. We heard no noise from the elevators at all and since it was midship it was very convenient to everything.

We were in 7192, 8G (extended balcony), portside.

This was our first balcony, and it was very nice, although it was quite cool when we sailed and, of course, we were in the shade. We just put our bathrobes on over our clothes and sat out there anyway!

There was a bit of side-to-side rocking (this was the highest deck I'd ever been on), but nothing out of the ordinary.

Just forward of the midship elevators.

Newark is "closest" but EASIEST would probably be LAG. Shorter car/cab ride from there and you won't have to fight city traffic as much.

Not true. When you come from LGA you have to go over either the 59th st bridge or the midtown tunnel which will bring you onto the East Side of Manhattan. The pier is on the West Side (12th AVe) as west as you can get. I don't know if you are from NY or not, but I am, and do you know what it's like to go crosstown especially during rush hour. It could take you a whole hour. I was trying to go one block yesterday to visit friends of mine and it took me 20 minutes. So I say their best bet is Newark because it will bring them right into the west side of the city.

Sandi, as the non-driver here and a big fan of Newark airport, can't you take the Triborough Bridge if you fly into LaGuardia and then go the West Side from there?

Yes you actually could take the triboro but the triboro leads you into the Harlem River drive which is on the east side, all the way uptown, (Harlem), then you would have to still go cross town and then downtown again.

Not being from NY, this may sound silly...But, I thought the Miracle sailed out of Brooklyn...Is that true, and/or is that a Brooklyn address??

Nope....not Brooklyn. Carnival sails out of Manhattan. Princess, Cunard, and HAL sail out of Brooklyn. Carnival and NCL are out of NY.

We are booked for the Miracle Feb 2009 and I absolutely cannot wait! I'm thrilled that it's 'a year' away because it's been 5 years since we cruised (and will be 6 when we leave next year since we've cruised) and I'm just so excited to have a year to plan and I feel like it's been so long I have to start ALL OVER with the planning and questions ... of course I have a lot of research to do (just HOW do we sneak all this liquor in our luggage again ???)

Cant wait! I know the Miracle will be beautiful! We've done Sensation (2x), Victory and Spirit, and I do like the spirit class, but dont really like the walk from camp carnival clear at the front to the cabins if you are clear in the back - but THIS time we'll be smack center so it shouldnt be so bad !!! :)

We are booked for the Miracle Feb 2009 and I absolutely cannot wait! I'm thrilled that it's 'a year' away because it's been 5 years since we cruised (and will be 6 when we leave next year since we've cruised) and I'm just so excited to have a year to plan and I feel like it's been so long I have to start ALL OVER with the planning and questions ... of course I have a lot of research to do (just HOW do we sneak all this liquor in our luggage again ???)

Cant wait! I know the Miracle will be beautiful! We've done Sensation (2x), Victory and Spirit, and I do like the spirit class, but dont really like the walk from camp carnival clear at the front to the cabins if you are clear in the back - but THIS time we'll be smack center so it shouldnt be so bad !!! :)

Midship is a great place to be. That's where we were. On deck 5 right by the atrium elevators. Very convenient to everything.

You are going to love the Miracle. :D

Nope....not Brooklyn. Carnival sails out of Manhattan. Princess, Cunard, and HAL sail out of Brooklyn. Carnival and NCL are out of NY.

Thanks for clarifying that for me...I'd been looking at Princess cruises, and maybe that's how I got Brooklyn in my head for all cruises out of NY, ( even though I knew there were 2 different ports, plus NJ)...Anyway, now I know!! :)

My husband and I are taking our teenage boys for their first cruise on the miracle, we sail may 1st out of NYC! can't wait!:)

[/url]

Hi sunshinefun! My husband and I will be on it also. This will be our second cruise. Our son and his friend will be with us . It 's their first cruise. How old are your boys ?

I cant wait either :)

Actually I live about 5 mins from JFK Airport.....WHY would they be going cross town in rush hour? If flying in I would assume they coming in the day before......if so they could easy get crosstown quick enough as long as you dont try to do it from 8am to 11am

Actually I live 5 mins from JFK also.....(think Crossbay Blvd.) ;) I took a cab twice to the terminal from my house. Took me well over an hour in the traffic.

Why would he go in rush hour? Most people want to get on the ship a few hours before it sails on not wait until the last minute. I still say she should go to Newark. Now if it was the Brooklyn terminal, I would say JFK but definitely not for the Manhattan terminal.

Archived