All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Sailing on the Miracle 4/17/08. I know which nights are formal nights, the two sea nights, duh.:p What I need advice about is if you wanted to go to Nick and Nora's, which formal night would you skip?

Thanks!

I wouldn't....I'd go on a port night. A later reservation would give more time to come back and relax before dinner. For me, I love the formal evenings.....couldn't pass one up.

I'd go on a port night.

Yeah, I'm pretty exhausted after a day in port. I know we leave Bermuda at 4 the second day, but I'm not going to want to get all dressed up after running non-stop for 2 days. Not to mention that there is NO way we'll get the guys to dress up 3 times. :rolleyes:

So, if you had to choose one formal night to give up, which one would you choose? :)

Yeah, I'm pretty exhausted after a day in port. I know we leave Bermuda at 4 the second day, but I'm not going to want to get all dressed up after running non-stop for 2 days. Not to mention that there is NO way we'll get the guys to dress up 3 times. :rolleyes:

So, if you had to choose one formal night to give up, which one would you choose? :)

You don't need to dress formally for the Supper Club unless it is Formal night in the dining room. So you probably don't want to make your decision based on "getting dressed up" Having said that, the second formal night is always more low key so if I had to choose between the two that is the one I would take.

We just booked our first balcony, 4th cruise 2nd with kids and we are sooo excited. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the posts and reviews here! Can anyone tell me if the Miracle has the big screen at the pool? I look frward to any advice and more postings. Keep'em comin!:D :D :)

Thanks Sandi,

In regards to the tubs, I was reffering to the room tubs. The suites are supposed to have whirlepool tubs and I was wondering if they are a decent size. From what I have read, these suites are supposed to be awesome!

Thanks again!

We had a suite on the Liberty (free upgrade :) ), but I imagine the jetted tubs are the same. It was a little narrower than a normal bath tub you would have at home, and the length was fine. We all enjoyed it.

:) Thanks Prairie!

As I am surfing through all of the pictures posted (god bless the internet!) I cant help but think that the ship pools look rather small. With 2000 passangers do they get super packed? Are they large enough to swim around in or mainly just take a dip to cool off?

Thanks!!!!

:) Thanks Prairie!

As I am surfing through all of the pictures posted (god bless the internet!) I cant help but think that the ship pools look rather small. With 2000 passangers do they get super packed? Are they large enough to swim around in or mainly just take a dip to cool off?

Thanks!!!!

Here's a no help answer about how crowed the pools are. IMO It depends on the time of day, the day of the week, the weather, other passengers and what activities going on. When i was there in sept there were afew times when there were only 5 or 6 people in the main pool. when it's not crowed you can kind of swim a little but mainly i would say they are more just to cool off.

You don't need to dress formally for the Supper Club unless it is Formal night in the dining room. So you probably don't want to make your decision based on "getting dressed up" Having said that, the second formal night is always more low key so if I had to choose between the two that is the one I would take.

Actually Cathyoo, you do have to dress formally for the Supper Club. They have a very strict dress code at Nick and Nora's.

We ended up going to N&N's on a sea day. We wanted to go after Panama, but they were booked up. They only take a certain amount of bookings per time frame so my advice would be to look at the dining room menu on the TV early enough to decide if you would be willing to miss it and then call N&N's right away so you can have your choice of dinner time.

MedicsAngel - dont quote me, but I do believe that any of the bars could make you some sort of smoothie, if not, then the coffee area might have those capabilities. I love my Magic Bullet, but I wouldnt bring it on a cruise with me.

Suitehearts - there are 3 pools and during peak hot times, there were quite a few people in them, but I never considered it packed.

Anyone who wants to see the capers they are posted in my review.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=674178

We will be cruising on the Miracle in Nov. This will be our 4rth cruise and as usual we can't wait! I am very happy to hear how much you loved your cruise! I will be sure to pass this info on to our other friends and family that are joining us on the Miracle.

Thanks!

Actually Cathyoo, you do have to dress formally for the Supper Club. They have a very strict dress code at Nick and Nora's.

We ended up going to N&N's on a sea day. We wanted to go after Panama, but they were booked up. They only take a certain amount of bookings per time frame so my advice would be to look at the dining room menu on the TV early enough to decide if you would be willing to miss it and then call N&N's right away so you can have your choice of dinner time.

MedicsAngel - dont quote me, but I do believe that any of the bars could make you some sort of smoothie, if not, then the coffee area might have those capabilities. I love my Magic Bullet, but I wouldnt bring it on a cruise with me.

Suitehearts - there are 3 pools and during peak hot times, there were quite a few people in them, but I never considered it packed.

Anyone who wants to see the capers they are posted in my review.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=674178

Brandy,

Thanks! By the way I read you blog/posting about your cruise, you are an excellent writer, I really enjoyed it!

I generally have smoothies for breakfast, are these available on the Miracle. If not,(or even if so) would it be okay to bring my magic bullet (one cup blender)? Thanks!

The specialty coffee bar sells smoothies. Lido deck bar can also make some of them for you.

hi i was on the miracle in oct 06 it was my first cruise and now i`m hooked, after trying the dominican republic in july i didnt settle on land i kept thinking about being on cruise, we have booked a cruise onboard the sea princess, she will have a lot to live up , cause if not its straight back to the miracle, oh and the reason we went for the princess ship is because we couldnt get a 2 week cruise on the carnival line, we had cabin 6327 on the miracle and it was fantastic as were the cabin stewards and all the other crew, just a couple of picys of the miracle,

linda

:D Hi Linda,

I was just reading your thread and saw that you were in the same room we're going to be in on April 23rd out of NYC. Tell me more about this room. How is the balcony? Also, is there anything special that you get in a suite, such as fruit baskets or anything more for booking a suite? Just curious. Thanks, Lisa

I've been looking for something like this, 1st time cruiser, and have tried several times to either answer a "roll call" or start one and no one will even respond, so it's great getting all this information on all things Miracle, I was wondering do they have bottled water on board and is it free..and I've heard several stories that you can bring on 4 bottles of wine and some say one, what has been your experience..I am travelling solo, and wanted this to be a nice experience so a friend said to book an aft cabin I hope this is a good choice for a first timer..I don't want to book with a stranger..and am ok with paying extra for my first time..I am so excited..but since it's not until november 5th 2008 I'll have to calm my self down..the big question is the dining room what in the world do you dress in can it be capris..or does it have to be dress clothes? and what about formal night, can a pair of dress pants and a dressy blouse be worn? so confusing..any suggestion you could offer would be appreciated..

I was wondering do they have bottled water on board and is it free..and I've heard several stories that you can bring on 4 bottles of wine and some say one, what has been your experience..I am travelling solo, and wanted this to be a nice experience so a friend said to book an aft cabin I hope this is a good choice for a first timer..I don't want to book with a stranger..and am ok with paying extra for my first time..I am so excited..but since it's not until november 5th 2008 I'll have to calm my self down..the big question is the dining room what in the world do you dress in can it be capris..or does it have to be dress clothes? and what about formal night, can a pair of dress pants and a dressy blouse be worn? so confusing..any suggestion you could offer would be appreciated..
Welcome to our addiction...........I sailed the Miracle and was booked to go back in 4 days after getting home....she's a wonderful ship!!

I have a bunch of Miracle things at my site *****

relax...you'll be in GREAT hands!!

Thank you that was a nice welcome, but can you tell me about the dressing and the water?..can you smoke every where on the ship I don't smoke and isn't too much of an issue..is an aft cabin ok..

Water is for sale and they will replace and bill you for any you use out of the cabin (a couple bucks for the BIG bottle).

Smoking on the upper decks(the outer areas) is supoposed to be on one side of the ship...I think the right side......no smoking in the dining areas, showroom

From what I know....ladies in capris are common on normal nights in the dining room and many dress up black slacks with a glittery blouse and jewelry for formal nights....a lady might be able to give you better specifics LOL.

All cabins are good on a ship, because you're on a ship. I haven't been aft yet just forward and mid side. Yes, you will feel a bit more movement if you are forward, aft or too high. The closer the center point in theory should be a smoother ride, but if it's enough to move the ship...you'll feel it everywhere. They do their best to give you a smooth ride....they want you to LOVE IT!!

Thank you that was a nice welcome, but can you tell me about the dressing and the water?..can you smoke every where on the ship I don't smoke and isn't too much of an issue..is an aft cabin ok..

Hi,

You are going to love the Miracle. :D On non formal nights yes you can wear capris. That's what I wore. You will be fine in a pair of dress pants and a dressy top on formal nights as well.

Archived