All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

I just happened to take a look at Skybus's website. They have $35 each way fares from Greensboro to NY. Skybus usually flies to smaller, out-of-the-way airports (they flew to Newburgh, NY), and they charge for luggage, but I've read some good things about them.

They fly from other cities, but their two "hubs" are Columbus, OH, & Greensboro, NC. They don't really do connecting flights, though.

Really cheap air would help greatly to offset some of the cost of any cruise out of NY. I've been wanting to go to Bermuda for ages, but the fares are always so high. Right now, the 4/16/09 fares start at $749 for an inside, $999 for a balcony. Guarantees are even less.

I can't go on 4/17 this year, but I'm going to have to seriously consider the April 2009 Bermuda cruise!

Anyway, something to consider for those in Ohio and NC!

On the cruise for Feb 27th can anyone give us info on the best excursions for the islands that we will be docking at? Are the cab prices worth it or would we be better / safer taking a group tour on the islands? Any help would be greatly appreciated:D

Anyone else sailing the same time as my wife and I?

Adams6 if you are looking for people sailing the same time and ship as you, stop on over at our Roll Call thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417404

Over 80 pages and counting. Over 100 people checking in . Join in and check out the entire thread(if you have time).

On the cruise for Feb 27th can anyone give us info on the best excursions for the islands that we will be docking at? Are the cab prices worth it or would we be better / safer taking a group tour on the islands? Any help would be greatly appreciated:D

Here is the port of calls board-- check out the boards for each port to see of there is something that you would like to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

You could also visit carnival web site and register your cruise by filling in the information on MY PROFILE (add a booking number)

click on cruise details and there you will see what the cruiselines are offering and how much.

Adams6 if you are looking for people sailing the same time and ship as you, stop on over at our Roll Call thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417404

Over 80 pages and counting. Over 100 people checking in . Join in and check out the entire thread(if you have time).

Thanks Kato, we are signed in on there now.

Brian / Jill

We are cruising on Miracle on 3/14.

Does anyone know if Miracle has slow dancing at night at a club, lounge or piano bar?

My husband and I would like to find spot where we can go, have a drink in a quiet spot with soft music, and dance together.

Does anyone know how much it costs to get from Newark Airport (or any of the other airports in NYC) to the pier? An educated guess will do:D My SIL wants to get Carnival transfers, which are $80 pp roundtrip (she has to buy 3), and I think she could get a taxi cheaper....

Does anyone know how much it costs to get from Newark Airport (or any of the other airports in NYC) to the pier? An educated guess will do:D My SIL wants to get Carnival transfers, which are $80 pp roundtrip (she has to buy 3), and I think she could get a taxi cheaper....

NJ Transit will get you to trenton- then the Tri-Rail will get you Newark--then a cab.

35.00 one way cab ride? wow I thought that cheap.

..I am travelling solo, and wanted this to be a nice experience so a friend said to book an aft cabin I hope this is a good choice for a first timer...

What deck did you book?

the aft can be quite warm- you wont get ocean breezes like a side one but the views are amazing. The halls are quiet as people dont venture on a ship where they dont have to. Keep your curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cool.

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

Hi I am also from Queens. Cruising Miracle 4/7/08. This is the 8 day Western out of Tampa. Leaves on a Monday. I believe the 1st formal night is Tuesday but have gotten 4 different responses to the 2nd. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we want to make reservations at N & N. We are also booked on the Legend for 7/20

Hi I am also from Queens. Cruising Miracle 4/7/08. This is the 8 day Western out of Tampa. Leaves on a Monday. I believe the 1st formal night is Tuesday but have gotten 4 different responses to the 2nd. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we want to make reservations at N & N. We are also booked on the Legend for 7/20

Need to check your air reservations.....Miracle is sailing out of Ft Lauderdale on 4/7/08.......lol

We did an 8 day southern out of FLL sailing on a monday and our formals were on Tuesday like you mentioned and our second formal was on Sunday. Of course it's probably different for the western 8 day.

Does anyone know what special things Carnival does for the celebrations of wedding anniversaries? It will be our 5th

Once upon a time a long time ago Carnival used to do those special touches--for free-

Wait til you see how many honeymooners are cruising with you that week.

today-- you will buy your own cake--as good as it is..

ask your waiter to serve your dessert and sing happy anniversary to you.

From JFK it costs about $45, from LGA maybe $35....not sure about Newark.

From JFK it costs about $45, from LGA maybe $35....not sure about Newark.

I don't believe that Newark would be any cheaper because you would also have to account for the tolls for the Turnpike and Tunnel to get into the city.

Another option is to go to http://www.njtransit.com. You can actually take a train from the airport to the city and then a short cab ride from there to the pier.

The train they would want is from Newark airport to New York Penn Station.

Keep in mind though you need to schlep your own luggage.

I don't believe that Newark would be any cheaper because you would also have to account for the tolls for the Turnpike and Tunnel to get into the city.

Another option is to go to www.njtransit.com. You can actually take a train from the airport to the city and then a short cab ride from there to the pier.

The train they would want is from Newark airport to New York Penn Station.

Keep in mind though you need to schlep your own luggage.

That probably would be their best bet. I think for someone flying into the NY area, Newark would be the closest.

Archived