All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

What is the big deal if you look down at lifeboats? How often do you look straight down? Just curious.

Not often. But why pay more for that couple extra square feet of balcony (which isn't large enough to stretch out anyway) if you can pay less for an totally unobstructed view?

Plus, if you have an extended near the "bump", your view can also be slightly blocked foward or aft, depending on the location.

I just didn't feel it was "worth" extra money, so next time, if there is one (I actually LOVE inside cabins), I'll just go with a regular balcony. Sure, the price difference is minimal, but every dollar I don't spend on the cabin means I have more to spend on board or on excursions.

Seems DD may be graduating from college on December 13th. I was SO looking forward to sailing Fascination and returning to Half Moon Cay. But if I have to change my plans, I'm actually thinking about Miracle on 12/15, and since there are 4 sea days, I'd want a balcony again. Of course, I'd have to fly plus the cruise itself would be nearly 3x the price I got for Fascination.

But no more tuition to pay! Yippee!!!

Hill: A ship inspection is when you are allowed to go on the ship, with special permission, to do a tour of the ship. .

I love those ship inspections-- I only got to do 2 in my life-- wish there were ways I could do more.

Thanks Sandi. that is where I will be.

I will definitely see you there. The adult pool is where my family pretty much lives on these trips - we don't have little kids anymore. The youngest is 19!

I think you will like it. It was very quiet and relaxing back there.

I loved the Adult Pool area when we sailed on the Crown Princess. It was a nice sanctuary to get away from the hectic pace of the other pool areas.

Only 31 days till I will be there with drink in hand.

I loved the Adult Pool area when we sailed on the Crown Princess. It was a nice sanctuary to get away from the hectic pace of the other pool areas.

Only 31 days till I will be there with drink in hand.

Weren't you supposed to sail on the Miracle last year? For some reason your member name seems familiar.

I'm going to be doing a ship inspection on May 1st - if anyone wants any particular pictures of anything, let me know and I'll try to accomodate :)

Hi Mona, My DW and 2 DSs and DD are sailing on the same trip as you. My DD is wondering what our room is going to look like. We have a 8B balcony room 5261 (with the boys being in the interior across the hall). If you could get a pic of what an 8B looks like (or if anyone else has a pick of one) it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting you and all the other CC folk who are going on this cruise.

Alan D (Fire LT)

Hi Mona, My DW and 2 DSs and DD are sailing on the same trip as you. My DD is wondering what our room is going to look like. We have a 8B balcony room 5261 (with the boys being in the interior across the hall). If you could get a pic of what an 8B looks like (or if anyone else has a pick of one) it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting you and all the other CC folk who are going on this cruise.

Alan D (Fire LT)

I'm not Mona, but here are some pics of a balcony cabin on the Miracle.

1283583749062547426S500x500Q85.jpg

2734423530098096222S500x500Q85.jpg

1289046704034125309S500x500Q85.jpg

Your bed will be either on the left or the right.

I'm not Mona, but here are some pics of a balcony cabin on the Miracle.

1283583749062547426S500x500Q85.jpg

2734423530098096222S500x500Q85.jpg

1289046704034125309S500x500Q85.jpg

Your bed will be either on the left or the right.

Hi Sandi, Thanks so much for the pics. :D My DD is very pleased.

Thanks a again for the quick reply. That is why I love this site. CC people are great.

Alan

Hi Everyone

I have a question; I'm just about to book a cruise on the Miracle and I'm torn between two balconys. I have cruised on the Legend so I have an idea of the ships layout. So,...would you take an aft balcony 6331 on the Empress Deck, or would you take a balcony on the Panorama Deck (where we stayed on the Legend) #8197? Anyone, pros/cons of either one??

Thanks for any info and helping me make my decision :)

Weren't you supposed to sail on the Miracle last year? For some reason your member name seems familiar.

Sandi149 - The last two years I sailed on Princess and hadn't planned on Carnival. (My first Princess cruise didn't go exactly as planned since I was the sailing immediately after the list in July 2006. Our 9 day cruise became 7 and we missed two ports. So we tried again last year. But now we are back to Carnival.

There are a few member's names that start with "hill" so that may be who you are thinking of.

Has anyone stayed in the extended balcony aft cabins on the Main deck, specifically 4232 or 4239? I am wondering if people on the higher decks can look right down on you because of the way the ship slants back a bit on each floor. I didn't explain that very well, but it looks as if each floor is set in a little from the floor beneath it. Serene, I see you have pictures of 6262. Could you look right down on the balconies beneath you?

Also, how is the vibration in those aft cabins? And the motion? We currently have a regular balcony mid-ship cabin booked, but might be able to upgrade to an extended balcony aft for no extra charge.

Has anyone stayed in the extended balcony aft cabins on the Main deck, specifically 4232 or 4239? I am wondering if people on the higher decks can look right down on you because of the way the ship slants back a bit on each floor. I didn't explain that very well, but it looks as if each floor is set in a little from the floor beneath it. Serene, I see you have pictures of 6262. Could you look right down on the balconies beneath you?

Also, how is the vibration in those aft cabins? And the motion? We currently have a regular balcony mid-ship cabin booked, but might be able to upgrade to an extended balcony aft for no extra charge.

I was in cabin 4230 on the Pride in February, and I never felt that people could look down at us from the balconies above.

I also didn't feel any out of the ordinary vibration in that cabin. It did seem that there was a bit more of a sense of motion, but certainly not enough to offset the benefits of the aft cabin. I also was able to upgrade from a regular balcony mid-ship, and was glad that I did.

I hope this helps. :)

I am Sailing on the Miracle Sept. 5 09. I am so excited although its like 491 days or so away... LOL.. I finally got to the last page of this thread. WOW! SO much information. I have sailed on the Legend so I am a bit familiar with the set up of the ship at least. I am excited to be back to Carnival after cruising with NCL ick! I know to each their own.

Thanks everyone for sooo much info on this ship. I loved all the reviews with the pics and stuff.. Awesome. I am hoping when I come back to do the same for all the other future Miracle cruisers.

I have posted this elsewhere, but thought it should live on the official Miracle thread as well. ;)

As of May 25th, the Miracle will be at Pier 90 in NY - which is, if I'm not mistaken, the pier that is being renovated. There are also some new customs regulations that just took effect that are making embarkation and debarkation go much longer. Therefore, those who have earlier flights might end up having trouble getting off the ship on a timely basis. At 11am, there were about a thousand people still waiting to get off the ship, and by 11:45, it was at about 400. i would guestimate that all had gotten off by noon, and by twelve thirty they were allowing passangers to embark.

Hopefully things will be ironed out as they get used to the new procedures..

I know this is probably a darn silly question but I am really having trouble getting an answer anywhere else, even Carnival..and since this is about the Miracle I'll ask here..does any one know what the dimensions in feet NOT sq.ft. of the cabin and balcony, I am having a hard time visualizing what 185/60 sq. feet look like..anybody, anybody, I have asked, written, Carnival, looked for conversion charts on google, and posted the same question on two different forums with no results..if it helps the cabin number is 6262 aft..if anybody can answer this question I would be very grateful it would really help me visualize better the space I will be sharing thank you..

Archived