All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Yes, the elegant evenings as they now call them are the 2nd and 7th night. So you booked for the last night? One word of advice....the last night they want you to have all your luggage outside your cabin by like 10PM. Do you think that might cause a problem for you?

oh didn't know that, don't think that it would pose a problem, already seems so sad that I have to pack up..:cool: but maybe I should book for another night, maybe one night that we are in port and not doing much that would be on the Saturday, I guess if I make two bookings I can cancel one once I'm on the ship right..and what happens if we are having so much fun and do not go at all how much notice do we have to give..this being our first cruise we don't know what to excpect...might just love all our table mates and want to stay in the dining room..can we pre book spa appointments as well..that Saturday when we are in St. Maarten we are going to beach it for a couple of hours, shop for a couple of hours, and then spa, and yes I guess it would be a good night for Nick & Nora's..this is not just a couples place is it..

oh didn't know that, don't think that it would pose a problem, already seems so sad that I have to pack up..:cool: but maybe I should book for another night, maybe one night that we are in port and not doing much that would be on the Saturday, I guess if I make two bookings I can cancel one once I'm on the ship right..and what happens if we are having so much fun and do not go at all how much notice do we have to give..this being our first cruise we don't know what to excpect...might just love all our table mates and want to stay in the dining room..can we pre book spa appointments as well..that Saturday when we are in St. Maarten we are going to beach it for a couple of hours, shop for a couple of hours, and then spa, and yes I guess it would be a good night for Nick & Nora's..this is not just a couples place is it..

I think you have to give 24 hr notice for cancellation and there might be a fee if you don't show up. Not totally sure.

I suggest any sea day except the last night to go. We went the 2nd sea day. No it's not just a couples place. Mostly adults though.

I booked Nick and Nora's for the San Juan night too. We plan to be back on board by 6 or so, so it's buffet for the kids and then supper club for the adults. I don't want to miss the 'elegant eves' in the DR and last night seems a little rushed (and sad!). Is it really a 2 1/2 hour meal? I'd love to find out the cancel policy as well...

Any other "must do's" on Miracle?

I booked Nick and Nora's for the San Juan night too. We plan to be back on board by 6 or so, so it's buffet for the kids and then supper club for the adults. I don't want to miss the 'elegant eves' in the DR and last night seems a little rushed (and sad!). Is it really a 2 1/2 hour meal? I'd love to find out the cancel policy as well...

Any other "must do's" on Miracle?

If they still have the Beatles show. My husband and I thought it was great.

New to Miracle.

Does it have one of those places for adults only to hang out on the deck? I saw it advertised on the Carnival site but it didn't say which ships had it (and I think the newest ship showed it had one) .Also, do they have mini fridges in the cabins? Sorry, I just can't read through 80 pages right now!

Thanks.

I think you have to give 24 hr notice for cancellation and there might be a fee if you don't show up. Not totally sure.

I suggest any sea day except the last night to go. We went the 2nd sea day. No it's not just a couples place. Mostly adults though.

Thanks Sandi, I rebooked for the fourth night of cruise which I think is much better and I will give 24 hrs. once I'm on board for the other booking..sounds wonderful..:rolleyes:

I find this thread absolutely amazing. The fact that it continues to grow with new information, this speaks highly of the ship and of you Sandi who continues to be available to answer questions or cheer others on. Thanks.:)

There is an adult pool in the aft of the lido deck. And yes - every room has mini fridges that are mini bars that you can have the cabin attendant vacate for you.

Are you allowed to bring your own soda and water on board? NCL allows it but I am not sure about Carnivals rules.

Also, does the ship have a guest launderette?

I promise, after this question I will start from beginning and read everything over the next week.:)

I find this thread absolutely amazing. The fact that it continues to grow with new information, this speaks highly of the ship and of you Sandi who continues to be available to answer questions or cheer others on. Thanks.:)

Thanks for the kind words. :) when I was new to this site I had a zillion questions and everyone was so helpful, so I just want to give something back and I try to be as helpful as I can.

Here's the link to the menu so you can see what they have.

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Supper_Club

Ohhhhh:p that all looks fanstastic, I won't eat all day ...:rolleyes: well most of the day to save room for all of this...thanks for the link...you cruisers sure know how to travel...this meal or even close to it here would cost approx 200.00 at best..

Member reviews can be seen here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=295

Mini fridges are more like cold boxes.. they dont keep things very cold at all. We take our own collapsible cooler-- one that holds 12 cans works great. We put our cans of soda there and ask the steward to keep that iced instead of the ice bucket. Works a whole lot better.

Hi all, this thread is most informative and getting me so excited about my upcoming cruise.

I have a question about what time we should be at the port to embark?

Our cruise is July 4th 2008, set to sail at 4pm. What time should we be at the pier? < I do realize being it will br 4th of July we may run into traffic getting into the city>

We probab have like an hours drive to the city from where I live and can drive there but I don't want to have to park my car there for a week, seems kinda expensive. Don't know if we will hire a ride there or maybe take the train in and then cab it over to the pier. There will be five of us so taking the train with all the luggage does seem less than desirable to me.

Also we have balc cabins booked on the empress deck, foward, port side next to the elevators, is ths a good spot? I really wanted aft or midship but we couldn't get anything to accomodate since we needed a triple and and a double next to each other. I would love to upgrade to a suite but doubt I could find one at this late date.

TIA

And I miss her already! Had to jump on board this thread!! First, to say thank you to Sandi for all the help and advice she gave me. Great help! Greatly appreciated!!

The Miracle was a blast. We had a great time. Great crew, great food, great friends!! It was amazing. I'm looking to book her again next May. Just trying to convince my husband. He wants to go again next year but doesn't really want to go on the same ship! Even though it was amazing we both like the excitement of a new ship. But like I told him this ship was so great why not go again!! We'll see!!

Sandi - thanks again for the great tips!

sorry, I am sure this has been asked a zillion times,

do you bring your own wine and soda aboard? Carnival allows 1 bottle of wine per person? Do they check luggage and carry-ons? What about hard liquor?

I'm leaving for the Miracle in 24 days! woo hoo!

We'll be driving down form New Hampshire. I've seen the advice about getting there by 10am. We are lucky enough to have VIP checkin (got a corner aft suite), so I'm wondering if we still need to be there that early.

any advice is most appreciated

Ohhhhh:p that all looks fanstastic, I won't eat all day ...:rolleyes: well most of the day to save room for all of this...thanks for the link...you cruisers sure know how to travel...this meal or even close to it here would cost approx 200.00 at best..

Yes, definitely don't have a big lunch because the portions are huge.

I'm leaving for the Miracle in 24 days! woo hoo!

We'll be driving down form New Hampshire. I've seen the advice about getting there by 10am. We are lucky enough to have VIP checkin (got a corner aft suite), so I'm wondering if we still need to be there that early.

any advice is most appreciated

Are you on the June 2nd trip? Please join our roll call. We have quite a few people from Cruise Critic on there. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=608710

We have a corner aft cabin, too.

wcurry66 - Just speaking from my experience - we arrived at the pier around 11:30. Our whole group - except myself and my husband - were on board by 12!! My darling son decided to drive in with his girlfriends parents and they were late getting to the pier so we had to stay behind to wait for him. The lines were very long by the time he got there. We finally got on board by 2:30-3! I did see people using the VIP check in and it seemed they were on extremely quick!! Just an FYI - there was an accident on the George Washington Bridge that held a lot of people up from getting to the ship. We heard that some didn't make it onboard! Things like that can happen so that's why I prefer to get there early. Actually we stood over in NJ the night before! It was extremely convenient!

wcurry66 - Just speaking from my experience - we arrived at the pier around 11:30. Our whole group - except myself and my husband - were on board by 12!! My darling son decided to drive in with his girlfriends parents and they were late getting to the pier so we had to stay behind to wait for him. The lines were very long by the time he got there. We finally got on board by 2:30-3! I did see people using the VIP check in and it seemed they were on extremely quick!! Just an FYI - there was an accident on the George Washington Bridge that held a lot of people up from getting to the ship. We heard that some didn't make it onboard! Things like that can happen so that's why I prefer to get there early. Actually we stood over in NJ the night before! It was extremely convenient!

What was the timeframe that your son got to pier?

HEY! HI ALL

HI Sandi!

We booked Nick and Nora's online.. Will there be a reminder in our Cabin or do we just show up?

Thanks!

We got a reminder in our cabin when we booked online. If you don't get one, definitely check with the Supper Club to make sure you have a reservation. Don't just show up. I have heard from other people that the Supper Club didn't have their reservation.

Archived